Fairfield | Teen Ink

Fairfield MAG

Fairfield, CT: I will never forget my visit to Fairfield University. When I first arrived on the campus, I was immediately impressed. The campus consists of 300 acres. For convenience the main buildings are condensed into a small area. The college is located one hour from New York City and is accessible by train.

As I entered the admissions building, a friendly student offered to give me a tour along with seven other high school students from all over New England. The classes seem to be just the right size, with about twenty people per class. The professors also seemed very helpful and interested in the students' ability to learn. Every student came in contact with had only wonderful things to say about their school. The buildings were very modern and sophisticated, yet gothic-looking, with ivy climbing the walls. The library consists of three floors and is an ideal place to study. If you don't want to go out, however, the computer in your room can be wired to the same network as the library's main computer lab. The athletic facilities are great, with an Olympic size swimming pool and a room with a myriad of exercise machines. With its great sports teams, Fairfield is definitely a good school for athletics.

Overall, if you are looking for a medium size, beautiful school located in a small town, but close to a big city, you should definitely take the time to give Fairfield a visit. I am really glad I did. f

Reviewed in 1997

i love this !