Allegheny College This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

AlleghenyMeadville, PA: My criteria when looking for a college was very consistent. I wanted a small, liberal-arts college with a nice campus and good academic programs that made me feel at home. If this sounds good to you, I recommend Allegheny College in Meadville, Pennsylvania. This is the kind of campus where your professors know you by name. I tend to see that as an advantage, but it can work for you or against you. The campus is small, but gorgeous. The beautiful, old brick buildings really give the campus a quaint feel. The library is extensive and the athletic facilities leave almost nothing to be desired. Another major attribute that I noticed about the Allegheny campus is that the dorm rooms are huge! The rooms really make you feel at home and they are the largest double rooms that I've seen in my search. Most importantly, Allegheny has very impressive academics. The classes that I attended were really interesting and I couldn't wait to get involved. There are a wide variety of majors to choose from at Allegheny as well. Allegheny is known for academic excellence and gives students great preparation to move on into the "real world." My advice is to visit Allegheny today; it just might be the college for you! f

Reviewed in 1998