Duke University This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Durham, NC: Duke University isa private college near Raleigh, the capital, and 20 minutes from UNC.

Duke students are exceptionally well qualified; most graduatedin the top tenth of their class. The majority of Duke's graduates earndegrees in health care, education and legal services, though Duke hasmany popular majors. It is a highly respected school for its academicsas well as athletics. Many respected visitors address classes, includingpoet Maya Angelou, former president Jimmy Carter and pianist GeorgeWinston.

Among Duke's 25 varsity teams are basketball, golf,lacrosse, soccer and swimming. The university is a member of NCAADivision I and considered one of the nation's best in soccer andbasketball. The Blue Devils have won championships in manysports.

I visited Duke in mid-April and have never seen such abeautiful college. It was everything I expected, and more. The Gothicarchitecture was gorgeous; I specifically remember the chapel. It wasthe first thing I saw as I entered the campus. The Sarah Duke Garden wasfabulous. You enter through an arbor of spectacular purple flowers. Tomy surprise, a class was being held there.

Reviewed in 2000

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 8 at 10:21 pm
i love this !