Suffolk University This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
   Boston, MA: Suffolk University is located in downtown Boston. It has 13buildings including classrooms, art studios, libraries, the C. Walsh theater, five computer centers,engineering and science labs, a gym and fitness center and a residence hall overlooking Boston Common, oneof the best views in town. Transportation in Boston is not a problem; the subway system can take you to aRed Sox game or a concert for 85¢.

Suffolk has programs for all educational needs in the Collegeof Arts and Sciences and The Frank Sawyer School of Management. The student-faculty ratio is 12:1, withan average class size of 18. Whether you need tutoring or just someone to talk to, there is an array ofservices to help you succeed.

Suffolk is also known for its study-abroad programs in countriesincluding Australia, Ecuador, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Jamaica, Mexico, the Philippines and theUnited Kingdom that are the same price as attending Suffolk.

There are 50 student activities andorganizations, but if you don't find what you want you can start your own program.

Suffolkathletics are Division III with 12 highly competitive teams. A high-quality athletic facility is 30 feetunderground in the Ridgeway Athletic Center with the motto "Play hard and have a good time aswell."

There is one downfall: tuition and fees for a full-time undergraduate are $13,680,with room and board the total is $22,450. However, financial aid and scholarships areavailable.

Suffolk has it all, and if the school doesn't offer it, the city will. If you enjoy afast-paced environment, Suffolk is for you.

Reviewed in 2000