Colorado State University | Teen Ink

Colorado State University MAG

By Anonymous

   Fort Collins, CO: Colorado State University is atthe base of the breathtaking Rocky Mountain foothills. With a population of justover a hundred thousand, Fort Collins provides the small-town bonuses of cleanair and water, low cost of living and little crime. If you are looking forbig-city excitement, Denver is only 65 miles south. The university's proximity tothe Rockies creates many opportunities for the outdoorsy type. If you enjoyhiking, skiing, fishing, boating, camping, rock climbing, et cetera, you'll be inheaven.

In the center of campus is the Lory Student Center, its hub.There are a variety of handsome "home away from home" halls to choosefrom, each surrounded by great dining halls with mouth-watering mealchoices.

There are many programs of study, including psychology andbusiness, the areas I am interested in.

All first-year students withoutprior college experience or who do not live in the Fort Collins area are requiredto live and eat on campus for the first two semesters. With these expenses,tuition totals approximately $20,000 a year. If you are a resident of Colorado,the cost drops to $11,000.

The cost doesn't matter, however, if you don'tmeet the requirements. You must have 18 high school units, 15 of them academic.If you receive a 3.7-4.0 GPA or 27-36 on your ACT, you are assured admission. A3.4-3.6 GPA or a 25-26 ACT score makes you a strong candidate. They also look atleadership abilities, class rank, your essay and difficulty of classes. ColoradoState seems like an ideal school - check it out. It might be right for you, too.


Reviewed in 2000