University of Illinois at Chicago This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
    Chicago,IL: If you're looking for a great college in a big city, you may want to considerthe University of Illinois in Chicago. With more than 25,000 students, it is thelargest college in the Chicago area. About 3,000 incoming freshmen are acceptedeach year. And, according to U.S. News and World Report, UIC is one of the mostdiverse and affordable colleges in the nation. Tuition for the 2001 school yearwas $3,232 for in-state undergraduates and $9,696 for out-of-statestudents.

UIC is also considered a good deal in Barron's Best Buys inCollege Education. A few of the academic departments at UIC include businessadministration, dentistry, engineering, medicine, nursing and pharmacy. You evenhave the choice of taking some classes online. The college offers recreationalsports as well as team sports for competitive athletes. If you would like to liveand study in the Chicago area, check out UIC.

Reviewed in 2001