Emerson College This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
    Boston, MA: Located in the heart of Boston's
Theater District, Emerson College is noteworthy for anyone interested in studying the arts or
communications. This four-year, private college is home to 2, 600 undergraduates. Based on the tour
I took and research I've done, Emerson's appeal is its academics and location.

As
far as academics, Emerson is a competitive school that has earned a superb reputation. A current
student said, "Emerson's reputation will get your foot in the door, it's up to you to do
the rest. " That kind of reputation is very important to me.

For the
only college in the country"dedicated exclusively to communication and the arts in a
liberal arts context, " there could not be a better location than Boston's Theater District.
This can make life easier for an Emerson student to gain experience in many fields. Another plus, of
course, is Boston in general, since it is home to many other colleges and
universities.

The tour during my visit to the campus was the key factor that
made Emerson my first-choice college. The two knowledgeable women giving the tour were extremely
helpful in telling us the most useful information and showing us Emerson's best features. They
were well-prepared and full of information, which made it
especially appealing.

With an excellent reputation and superb location, this
school has moved to the top of my list. I was more impressed than I thought I would be. I suggest
that anyone considering either pursuing studies in the arts or communications, visit
Emerson.

Reviewed in
2003