Emerson College | Teen Ink

Emerson College MAG

Boston, MA: Located in the heart of Boston's Theater District, Emerson College is noteworthy for anyone interested in studying the arts or communications. This four-year, private college is home to 2, 600 undergraduates. Based on the tour I took and research I've done, Emerson's appeal is its academics and location.

As far as academics, Emerson is a competitive school that has earned a superb reputation. A current student said, "Emerson's reputation will get your foot in the door, it's up to you to do the rest. " That kind of reputation is very important to me.

For the only college in the country"dedicated exclusively to communication and the arts in a liberal arts context, " there could not be a better location than Boston's Theater District. This can make life easier for an Emerson student to gain experience in many fields. Another plus, of course, is Boston in general, since it is home to many other colleges and universities.

The tour during my visit to the campus was the key factor that made Emerson my first-choice college. The two knowledgeable women giving the tour were extremely helpful in telling us the most useful information and showing us Emerson's best features. They were well-prepared and full of information, which made it especially appealing.

With an excellent reputation and superb location, this school has moved to the top of my list. I was more impressed than I thought I would be. I suggest that anyone considering either pursuing studies in the arts or communications, visit Emerson.

Reviewed in 2003

i love this !