Tulane University | Teen Ink

Tulane University MAG

New Orleans, LA: Located just minutes from New Orleans' world-renowned French Quarter, Tulane University's 80 buildings are set on 110 acres. Founded in 1834 as the Medical College of Louisiana, in 1884 it was renamed Tulane University and now includes eleven colleges and specialized schools.

Over one-quarter of Tulane's 13,000-member student body hail from the New Orleans metropolitan area, but this private university is quite selective and consistently ranks among the top schools in the nation. The majority of students - 7,500 - are undergraduates, with great diversity - eight percent are from 78 countries.

Tulane's athletic program is excellent as an active Division I school of the NCAA. The Green Wave athletic department boasts 16 intercollegiate athletic teams that consistently compete for national championships in both women's and men's sports.

As a result of the overall courtesy of both faculty and staff, the Southern hospitality, and the scent of down-home cooking that fill the air, Tulane became my first choice. Perhaps one of the most beautiful campuses I have seen, the tour guides were helpful and entertaining.

After many visits, it is clear to my family and me that Tulane is the ideal university. A school rich in academic and athletic tradition set in the magical city of New Orleans, Tulane University is definitely worth a look.

Reviewed in 2003

i love this !