Juniata College | Teen Ink

Juniata College MAG

By Anonymous

     Huntingdon, PA: When I think of the ideal college, I see a small, peaceful place with a great teacher/student ratio. If this is what you are looking for too, you should consider Juniata College.

Juniata is in Huntingdon, Pennsylvania, a small town only 30 miles from Penn State. The campus is very beautiful and peaceful. The people seem nice and the whole place just gives off very positive vibes.

The school has 1,400 students and because it is so small you can have a very positive learning experience. The campus is in one area so there is no need to have a car. But fear not, there are plenty of things to do on campus. There is even a Starbucks, so if you are in the mood for a latté, it's only a two-minute walk away. The campus is well-maintained. When I talked students, they told me how wonderful it was to go to school there, and that everyone knew everyone else. For those interested in sports, Juniata is a Division III school.

Although it is small, there is lots to do in town. The school also has spots for students to have coffee and study away from the dorm. You can also choose to live by yourself or with roommates. They let you decide.

If you are looking for a good small school, Juniata might just be the one.



Reviewed in 2004