Marist College | Teen Ink

Marist College MAG

Poughkeepsie, NY: Great academics. A beautiful campus. Amazing sports teams. So many opportunities! What else could you ask for? Marist College is a great place to learn and grow as an individual. With so much to offer, just about anyone will have the experience of a lifetime there.

Marist College has great academics that have been recognized by Time magazine, The Princeton Review and other publications. Many students arrive with undeclared majors, but with seven schools of study and over 200 majors and minors, there are plenty of options! It’s hard to know what you want to do for the rest of your life and that is fine. Marist has many programs and classes to help undecided students discover what they might enjoy.

Marist takes pride in its small size of 4,800 undergrad students and is proud to say that every student will have the chance to build a relationship with their professors. No one will just be a number in a class, every student is treated as an individual. All professors have office hours and are more than happy to explain a problem or help you with a paper.

Marist College is located in a gorgeous area of the mid-Hudson Valley and includes 150 acres that overlook the beautiful Hudson River. Only 90 minutes from both New York City and Albany, students have the chance to experience diverse cultures. Students can also study abroad, which allows them to experience a different lifestyle and culture firsthand. As if that weren’t enough, there are also internships available which is a great way to get experience before entering the working world full-time.

Marist has over 65 clubs ranging from academic to performing arts and from Greek life to student government. No matter what your interests, you will find a way to fit in.

The Marist Red Foxes have 21 men and women’s intercollegiate teams. This Division I school is very enthusiastic about its teams and shows its pride for all of them. There are also many intramural sports, another great way for students to get involved.

Marist College, a great learning institution, has an overall warm and friendly feel. Anyone who decides to attend will enjoy an experience beyond imagination. Learn more on their website marist.edu.

i love this !

nicoleann916 said...
what does your father teach?

The Appendix said...
Sounds like a great college! I'll definitly consider it when the time comes for me to start appyling. I just don't know if I wanna be that far from home.

Lithiawood said...
My father is actually a professor at Marist so I know exactly what you're talking about! It's beautiful, and has so much to offer. It really is a great choice if it's the sort of thing you're looking for.