Northern Arizona University This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Flagstaff, AZ: Last summer I had the pleasure of visiting Northern Arizona University, in Flagstaff. I went for volleyball camp and what I found there was more than I had bargained for. NAU is the most serene place I have ever visited, much more peaceful than any other college campus I have seen. The longer I was there, the more I wanted to stay.

NAU has a student population of about 18,000. It is large, but it still seems more personal than many colleges I’ve seen as the average class size is only about 27 students. NAU balances teaching, scholarship, and service to each individual student in the 95 academic programs. The NAU Lumberjacks are Division I and part of the Big Sky Conference, and the school offers every major sport. Aside from academics and sports, there are also many clubs.

Ninety-six percent of seniors said that their overall experience at NAU was “excellent” and 87 percent said they would choose NAU again. NAU is great place for anyone looking for success. Find out more at www.nau.edu.