Eastern Illinois University | Teen Ink

Eastern Illinois University MAG

By Anonymous

Charleston, IL: If you want to go to a really good college in a small town, then Eastern Illinois University (EIU) is the perfect choice. Located in Charleston, it is beautifully landscaped with 320 acres. It was founded in 1895, and has been excelling ever since. EIU expects incoming freshmen’s abilities, interests, character, and background to contribute to EIU. They also want people who are dedicated to doing the best they can. They will be analyzing your SATs or ACTs, class rank, and GPA. The tuition is low for such a great college; in-state it’s $7,990, and out-of-state is $19,700 (not including housing).

EIU has about 70,000 alumni across the nation. They offer a variety of fields of study, with 44 undergraduate majors, 49 minors, 25 graduate programs, and five post-bachelor certificate programs. EIU encourages and welcomes international students.

EIU has wonderful services right on campus, such as a health center and shuttle busses. They have many opportunities for students to get jobs. EIU also offers summer sessions to those who want to progress faster. EIU is one of the safest public universities in the United States.

EIU has lots of school spirit! Their mascot is the Panther, and they are Division I. They offer basketball, baseball, cross-country, football, golf, soccer, swimming, tennis, indoor and outdoor track, rugby, softball, and volleyball. For those who aren’t as serious about sports and want to play for fun, EIU has intramurals too.

For more information, visit www.eiu.edu.