Kellogg Community College | Teen Ink

Kellogg Community College

February 9, 2010
By Emma Podlewski BRONZE, Jackson, Michigan
Emma Podlewski BRONZE, Jackson, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Located in Battle Creek Michigan is the beautiful Kellogg Community College campus. The campus is made up of 20 buildings, excluding athletic centers. Kellogg doesn’t have any specific colors, although a primary color is blue. With the Bruin bear being the mascot.

If you’re looking for small class sizes Kellogg is the place for you. The average class size is about 16 students, with 13,793 students enrolled. When you attend Kellogg paying for it should not be an issue, because they have over 185 scholarships available to students. Kellogg offers courses in everything from Construction to Sales.

Kellogg has five building locations in Battle Creek and the surrounding areas, and they offer over 80 on-line classes. There are many resources available to you when visiting their website like applying on-line and taking an online orientation, so that you don’t have to go to one on campus. Plus you can view their 6 Steps for New Students, which guides you through the process of applying. Once attending you will also have access to their KRIS (Kellogg Registration Information System) where students can register for classes, check financial aid and lots more.

Besides going to class, there are a lot of places to hang out on campus. Places like the Bruin Café where a different lunch is available every day, the Athletic Center and The Learning Place. All common hang out places for students, when not in class. Kellogg doesn’t have dorms, however there are apartments near by that students can rent.

Kellogg seems like a good choice for me, and I know that I am considering it. For more information about the wonderful Kellogg Community College be sure to check out their website at www.kellogg.cc.mi.us.