The Move | Teen Ink

The Move

By Alexis_Gapinski BRONZE, Granbury, Texas
Alexis_Gapinski BRONZE, Granbury, Texas

The cold White winters but beautiful summers of the place where I live would never be the same again. I interacted with the same close family, and under the same familiar roof. The only time we left home was when my family, and I would go on vacation.

In 2007, I had moved to Texas. For the first 3 months we had to live in a hotel. Living in a hotel was not easy. I had to share a room with my sister, but not only was that hard we couldn't have a normal holiday. A week after Thanksgiving is when we had finally found a house to rent. Moving to a three bedroom home when there is seven of us made living together even worse. I had to share a master bedroom with my sister and brother. My parents and soon to move down grandparents had their own rooms. When leaving my grandparents to move made me upset, but finding out they are moving down made living in Texas easier.

When they arrived I knew they would help us find a place to live, where we would all have your own rooms. About 7 ½ months later we had finally found a house to permanently live in. MY mom said it would take about a month for the papers to become final. Although waiting for the month to end was so hard, it was worth it. Seeing the moving truck sitting in the drive way meant the move was final.NO more moving around place to place. As I was moving boxes in my room it had me thinking about how I get to finally stay at one school. That meant I would get to make my long term friends. 

Even though I would have to change my whole life style, I knew in the end it would mean a better life. Getting over the challenges with living situation, had brought my family closer. It brought us closer by us building stronger relationships with each other.