Losing Someone You Love | Teen Ink

Losing Someone You Love

Losing someone you love can be hard. But what does it mean to lose someone you love. Most people think death, but knowing that someone is leaving your life,and not knowing when they will return if they ever do. Let me tell you how I learned this, let me tell you my story of how I learned this. It all started around the end of April in two thousand eleven I was in eighth grade. And when I got home one afternoon,I was told something that I know it was going to,but it seemed unrealistic that it was finally happening. We got a letter from the government telling us that my mom had to go to the us embassy in mexico to begin the process to become a citizen and that she had to be there in the beginning of may. At the time I didn't think much of it cause as I was still naive and I thought it wasn't going to take long. But I soon realised that i would be wrong.days past then weeks and before I know it summer had come again. On a July day I had to write a littler to the us embassy to tell them why my mom should be allowed to come back and at that point in time I had stared to miss my mom but I was always working so I didn't think of it much. So I wrote the letter and looking back at it know I can tell of how a weak the letter was letter as I didn't know how important my mom was to me and how I would start to miss her.the letter was sent and in a couple of weeks we got a letter from the embassy saying that my mom had to stay there and she wasn't allowed to come back for ten years. As the days went on after finding this out I started to feel sadness inside me. I always thought that I didn't need my mom for many things but I realized that I do in fact need her for multiple reasons some of which were unknown to while she was here I started to realize I that I took all the things that she had done for my over those Fourteen of my life. I didn't treat her the way I should have I got mad at her for asking how my day was and nagging me over things. I got mad to where I wanted to yell. There's still this one time when I was younger I yelled at her cause she was telling me to wear a jacket but I said no and ended up yelling at her and I can still see the tears in her eyes that is something that I believe I will never forget cause remembering it now I get mad with myself for ever making her cry. Time went on and I tryed to call as much as I can but I forgot from time to time as much as it saddens me to admit. But Christmas break came and I got a flight to go Mexico and I was able to be with my mom for the holiday. Time has still past and this upcoming April will be four years since my mom left, it has been a difficult these past years have taught me never take anyone for granted and that losing someone means them leavening your life and not knowing when they will re enter it if they even do enter it again.