Do You Think Miley Cyrus is a Bad Influence? | Teen Ink

Do You Think Miley Cyrus is a Bad Influence?

March 28, 2014
By Anabell_99 GOLD, Tirana, Other
Anabell_99 GOLD, Tirana, Other
17 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Remember that guy who gave up? Neither does anyone else.


Miley Cyrus is one of the most rumoured pop singers as of today. Her provoking, careless acts have left much to talk about. Miley Cyrus started out as a Disney star, at the age of twelve. She grew up in the television and music industry, and for so she is a product of the show business world. Her reckless and ludicrous behaviours have gained her much fame and a net worth of about 150 million dollars. There is more to her than twerking and giant teddy bears.

Miley Cyrus entered the show business as a pre-teen. She has been under the pressure of being desired at such a young age. Even when she was just a Disney pop singer, Miley Cyrus was being adjudicated on being too annoying and childish. Now that Miley has grown up and entered the more adult industry, people are still judging her. Plus, for such a long time now, Miley Cyrus has had her life controlled by other several managers, as well as her own parents. It has come a time for her to decide on what is right or not, by not depending on others’ opinions.

When this young singer of twenty performed her latest song “Wrecking Ball”, critics and overprotective mothers went crazy. Her provoking act of standing on top of a swinging wrecking ball attracted much negative attention. Yet, it also won Miley Cyrus number one on the Billboard charts and a heap of money. As painful as this truth is, in the television and music industry, sex sells and young sex sells even more. In a way Miley Cyrus has used this to her own advantage, and now she is one of the most famous pop stars out there. So why is she to be blamed?

When people look at Miley Cyrus, they take in consideration the details that are wrong with her. Well, Miley Cyrus is a feminist. At an interview for Telegraph, she stated, “ I feel like I’m one of the biggest feminists in the world because I tell women to not be scared of anything…I don’t actually walk around all day twerking with my tongue out dressed as a teddy bear”. Most girls are taught to act nicely, appropriately and not to speak out for themselves. The only thing niceness got women for thousands of years was subjugation. While Miley tells young girls to be themselves, and not to be afraid of who they truly are. If she convinces just one of her fans to stand up for herself, who are we to say that she is a bad influence?

Miley Cyrus is twenty year old popstar who like any other seeks fame and attention. In fact she has done this and gained herself much fame. She has been able to come out of her Hannah Montana character and is in charge of herself. Furthermore, Miley has also taught women what truly matter the need for women and girls to be allowed to express themselves, to have fun and to pursue their goals without fear.