Cabin Relaxation | Teen Ink

Cabin Relaxation

October 24, 2013
By Stephie04 BRONZE, West Valley, New York
Stephie04 BRONZE, West Valley, New York
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The feeling of being content can be achieved in a variety of places for many people. There is always that one setting you love and feel the most protected, satisfied, and calm in. For me, I love my parents’ little blue cabin.

Off a country road, a half mile into the woods, sits my comfort. The trees are surrounding me everywhere I turn, making me feel protected. The only sound you hear is the crackling of leaves and chirps of birds afar. The gunk filled pond is a relaxing sight, reflecting even nature is not perfect. No worries, when I’m laying in the hammock made of rope. I do not have to think about school or work. My mind is able to wonder around like a lost dog.

Inside the cabin is dark and musky, but the peace still remains. Pictures hang on the wall showing the memories created there, making the cabin feel like home. The old couch gives more comfort than most humans, just by how broke in it is. The kitchen table is adjacent to a big window overlooking the pond. I could sit at the oak table for hours, just gleaming at nature’s beauty.

When I was younger, I did not feel the relaxation of being at the cabin, as I do now. As a child, I did not have many responsibilities and so I felt relaxed mostly everywhere. My dad always told me I would appreciate it more when I got older and he was keenly right. I wish I could go up the long driveway more than I already do.

In the future, when I have kids of my own, I want to take them up to the cabin to feel the relaxation. I hope they sense the same feelings I do. It is not the cleanest place or most amusing but nothing beats being at the little blue cabin, in the middle of nowhere.