Midwest (Critique please!) | Teen Ink

Midwest (Critique please!)

By CenturionRower BRONZE, Marietta, Ohio
CenturionRower BRONZE, Marietta, Ohio

2012 Midwest Novice 4 Finals. Starting in 5 minutes.

All of our hard work put into this final moment. This final push. This last chance to show that 4 little freshman can out row some "Novice" seniors.

4 minutes.

From the first day to the last day we pushed. Even though we thought we wouldn't be able to do what we wanted. To place in the hardest race we have yet to race in.

3 minutes.

It all came down to technique. Arms out, back over, but not to far, bend the knees, arms straight, PULL!

2 minutes.

And then there was the race itself and how to row it. Knees and bows, knees and bows, knees and bows, SWING! HIGH 10, SHIFT 15. 10,9,8,7... Then came the body, first 250 is there and gone, so is the next, but the middle 500 is the hardest. You can't give in, no matter how much you want, not even a tiny bit.

1 minute.

Then comes the sprint, some of the easiest but also hardest rowing you will ever do, EVER. POWER 10 in 2. 1,2. 10,9,8, 7, 6, 5,
4,
3,
2,
1.

30 seconds. In lane 1: Marietta High School of Marietta, Ohio...

That's us and that's all that matters now. But are we really ready for this? Are we ready to show them how far a little freshman novice boat can go? Can we do this?!?

ATTENTION!

We were about to find out.

GO!

This is an idea for a college essay that I have to write for school please critique and leave some feedback. Thanks!