What Higher Education Means to Me

Higher education, what does it means to me? Higher education is the light that is at the end of the tunnel for me, my community, nation, and the world as a whole. Higher education gives me a better perspective of the world; it is that bridge that separates educated and uneducated. It is the key to the gap that is filled between blacks and whites, rich and poor, leaders and followers. Higher education means to me freedom from poverty and freedom to a better life. It means acquiring a greater education to contribute to my society, and helping the world that revolves around me: homeless, diseases, poverty, high crime rate, and everything that disrupts the well-being of mankind. Most prominent, higher education means to me having a competitive edge in our today’s global economy. Higher education means to me joining in the fight for change in our world: the end of poverty, the eradication of diseases, and to creating peace among ourselves and our posterity. Higher education means to me “the most powerful weapon which I can use to change the world.”