Me, Myself and I | Teen Ink

Me, Myself and I

April 22, 2013
By Anonymous

Go to bed late and finish our homework; wake up early and get ready for school; don't procrastinate and wait till the last minute; always read our assignments so you are ready for our pop quiz; when studying for a test, be sure that you know the material well, because that way you will ace the test; never drop out of an honor society; is it true that you forgot about our physics test today?; always follow the rules so that everyone thinks we're perfect; at school try to take notes like a scholar and not the slacker you are so bent on becoming; don't forget about our test; you mustn't play football with the neighborhood children, not even if we have finished all our homework and done all our studying; don't flaunt our success to relatives- they will expect things of us; but I don't forget about tests and never in Physics; this is how you sharpen our pencils; this is how you practice our speaking skills for the debate tournament next week; this is how you organize our backpack when it gets disorganized and so to prevent us from looking like the slacker you are so bent on us becoming; this is how you study for the SAT so we do well; this is how you study for the ACT so we do well; this is how you study for a test- away from people, because studying needs quiet; when you do a project, make sure to start early or else procrastinating will overwhelm us; this is how you answer multiple choice; this is how you answer true or false; this is how you answer fill in the blank; this is how you say good morning to a nice teacher; this is how you say good morning to a rude teacher; this is how you say good morning to a rude teacher that we might need extra credit from; this is how you write an essay for History; this is how you write an essay for Spanish; this is how you write an essay for English; this is how you write an FRQ for Physics; this is how you write an FRQ for Calculus; this is how you act in the presence of teachers who do not know us well, and this way they will not recognize immediately the slacker I have warned us against becoming; be sure to study every day, even if it is without any notes; don't pretend to not understand- we are not slow; don't copy people's work- we would never learn; don't pretend to be ready for a test, because we might not be ready at all; this is how to solve a problem using Algebra; this is how to solve a problem using Geometry; this is how to solve a problem using Calculus; this is how to write an outline for a big project; this is how to write a good outline so that we don't have to do the rest of the big project; this is how to write a first draft; this is how to throw out a first draft we don't like; this is how to control our schedule; this is how our schedule controls us; this is how to change a schedule, and if this doesn't work there are other ways, and if they don't work don't feel too bad about giving up; this is how to procrastinate a project if we feel like it; this is how to work quickly so we can catch back up; this is how to make good grades; always ask questions to make sure we understand; but what if the teacher won't answer our questions?; you mean to say that after all we are really going to be the kind of student whose questions a teacher won't answer?