My Destiny | Teen Ink

My Destiny

April 1, 2008
By Anonymous

My Destiny


Upon meeting me, most people think I’m this normal, shy eighteen-year old girl, but I’m not. I think outside the box, outside the boundaries of one’s ordinary imagination. Stephen King wasn’t always applauded for his explorative ideas, but his ghastly tales and distinct literary style is what gives him that certain edge to stand out as a rose in a field of daisies. Standing only 4 feet, 10 inches tall, I will be the next rose.

I perceive the world through a fresh pair of eyes. Instead of recognizing the obvious, I delve into the obscure meaning. My ideas come from the belly of reality: darkness, loneliness, truth etc. I want my writing to denote something. I want them to smile, sob, laugh, or shriek; something to show that my words have tugged the right strings. I dabble in the supernatural and mysterious, meaning I try to trek where no author has trekked before. There is an unfathomable significance that lies hidden beneath the pile of junk that crowds our everyday lives. Though I may not evidently see this purpose now, perhaps Columbia can aid in wiping the windshield clear of the condensation. I want it to be my duty to deliver life’s vital teachings to those who refuse to pay attention. I want my writing to speak to those who won’t listen.

I believe everything happens for a reason, therefore, I think I am meant for magnificent things. One day, I will break free from this life of monotony and enter a world of daily spontaneity. I enjoy disorganization and take pride in the little things in life such as a cool rainfall or the clouds that seem to nonchalantly adjoin and separate above me. I observe the world through a window of opportunity, knowing I always have a choice to better my situation. I will go on to attend Columbia College and awaken a dormant portion of myself with such bottled passion that my words will be like flames licking the rims of naive ears. I will be triumphant in battles and write the great American novel, explore the unfamiliar and discover the unknown. One day my story will be written and my life lessons will be revealed. The entire world will become improved because my imminent book will spark a movement of realization, serenity, and prosperity.

But then again, I’m just a normal, shy eighteen-year old girl.

"This will certify that the above work is completely original."