College Essay | Teen Ink

College Essay

There are issues everywhere in the world today. There are issues overseas, in schools, and everywhere else. When the issue of Iraq arises, it hits home to most.

My uncle, a couple of weeks ago, left to go to Iraq for a year. Now I’m hoping for the best as any other family member would. He shouldn’t get into too much trouble over there. He is only part of a crew of engineers that is fixing roads but still I worry about him. And at times I miss him. My aunt, on the other hand, is doing all right but she misses him a lot. He is very important to me and I hope that nothing happens to him over in that H***.

It is very important to me that my uncle comes back because I miss our fishing trips and camping. Those trips were my favorite because they were a lot fun. He would come and get me sometimes in the middle of the night when I wasn’t doing anything to take me fishing for Bullhead. Those were good times. I would show him my secret fishing spots and he would show me his. There was never a dull moment when I would be hanging out with him. I miss those outings of fishing and camping with my uncle.

My only wishes are that this so called “war” will end sooner than later. It’s been going on for six years now. I think it’s been long enough. I believe that our president should have pulled all of our troops out a long time ago. He should have pulled them out after the elections. Iraq has their own police system. It may not be the best but they have one.
I would like to say that if you have a son or daughter or relative over there also, I feel for you. I’m sorry you have to go through this too, because it really stinks. I hope that this issue will be resolved very soon so I can I have my fishing and camping buddy back.