All About Me | Teen Ink

All About Me

By Lawson2012 SILVER, Oak Lawn, Illinois
Lawson2012 SILVER, Oak Lawn, Illinois

"DUHHHHHH"

Being a senior in high school you would think is one of the best feelings in the world. Well it is! The past three years you have worked hard to get this far and now you are finally here. You have a whole new title...”SENIOR”! I am a track and field member and a very enthusiastic and friendly person. Hopefully i can continue in college and get even better. I hope to become caption this year; it has been my high school dream. I would love to be the one to give the big “encouragement” speech before a track meet and set a good example for the following year caption.

I am interested in becoming an early childhood education teacher. I love being around kids and weather people know it or not you can learn as much from them as they can learn from you. I have two little brothers who I just adore. One of my brothers has been attending school since the age of two and he has really learned a lot. He can spell his name count past ten and even count to ten in Spanish. He knows how to share and interact with other children with no problem at all. He knows his days of the week and all his colors of the rainbow. I can guarantee that not many children between the ages of four know all these things if they aren’t in school; some are just barely potty trained. These little things show how important it is to have more early childhood teachers to expand the brains of these little ones. I wake up to my brothers and fall asleep with them, they tell me to have a good day at school and to be good just as they are told. They say these kids are the future and this is the perfect place to start and I want to be a part of the process.

One of my main goals is to graduate high school. My mom was the first female in our family in a long time to graduate high school and I will be the second! It’s really important to make a difference and show people that things don’t have to be the way they are. My younger cousin just turned 16 and feels that school isn’t one bit of important. She’s more concerned about what brand her clothes are and a new hair style for the week. Little does she know she can graduate high school and get her cosmetology license or even go to the Art Institute of Chicago and be known worldwide for her fashion. You can grow up and say you made something out of yourself instead of sitting around doing nothing.

Overall life is what you make of it. People think you can just breeze through high school and be okay. Many jobs require at least an associate’s degree to even be considered for the position. You have to be enthusiastic about wanting to do better in life for your future and in my opinion that doesn’t stop after high school.