Music In My Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

My experience can't be described as merely an experience. In fact, there is no word I can think of that can adequately describe it. It did not last for a few hours or days, but much longer - almost my entire life. Without it, I can't even begin to imagine what I would be like today.

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to play a musical instrument. The excitement of putting my flute together and playing for the first time is something I will never forget. At first, reading music seemed difficult and confusing, but as I continued, it became interesting and fun.

I soon realized I could create feelings and emotions through playing music. One piece of music could create many different reactions and bring about many memories if played different ways.

Being a member of a band is so much fun; it just can't be put into words. When I walk into practice, I am suddenly surrounded by people who share the same interest in music I do. We all support each other in our efforts and strive to play the best we possibly can. A truly wonderful feeling is created in that room when everyone is really concentrating on the music and the piece finally comes together. Our director is really great, too. He always pushes us to play the best we can and believes that we can accomplish every goal he sets. Being on stage and "making music" with these people has been one of the best experiences of my life.

My time spent with the band and my years of playing the flute have given me a much greater appreciation of music, every type of music. Listening and playing music helps me to relieve stress and relax. The friendships I have made I will treasure forever. I have become a unique and creative person because of music and it has had a big effect on my personality. I wish everyone could be a part of this experience. -

Egyption said...
today at 6:03 pm:
Simple but so interisting.

bandgeek2011 said...
I love it, and totally relate to what you are saying, keep writing:)

tommyc said...
Sept. 10, 2010 at 8:53 am:
starts off very strong and you have a good base but by the end it tends to become very repetitive