Happiness is a state of mind! | Teen Ink

Happiness is a state of mind!

By nolle94 BRONZE, Schinveld, Other
nolle94 BRONZE, Schinveld, Other

Carpe diem, Seize the Day

There is one thing everyone seems to be searching for: Happiness! But where can you find it? And can it actually be found? Or should you buy it?

According to ancient wisdom, happiness can't be bought. Money can enable you to do things you like, but it doesn't necessarily make you happy. Just read the paparazzi magazines, all the superstars are famous, but a lot of them are far from happy.
So if you can't buy happiness, where can you get it?

I think you can find happiness in freedom. Happiness is being free to do the things you want to do. You have to let go of your fears and the judgements that other people might have.
If you have always wanted to bungee-jump, why don't you? So what if you're afraid of heights? Just do it! I have seen a lot of people around me with all these fantastic plans; I want to start a band, I want to own a Ferrari, I want to visit Japan, I want to see lions in Africa etc. but they just don't do it. Why? Because they don't have the time. They have a five day work week and so many other things to do, they don't get around to doing the things they really want to do. They don't have the freedom to do the things they love. They don't have the freedom to do the things that make them happy. This is your life, it's your choice what you do with it. Don't let other people or their judgements stop you from doing what you want to do!

I think you can also find happiness in doing the things you love, with the people you love. Your friends, your family, all these people won't be around forever, neither will you, so you should enjoy the time you have together.

But most of all, I think you can find happiness inside yourself. You have to be confident about, yourself, and look on the bright side of life. If you are doing something you love, but are pessimistic, you still won't find happiness. You have to relax and enjoy the things you hate. Even when you're looking at lions in Africa, birds can still poop on your head. Laughing about it will just make it a lot more bearable, and something to laugh about for the next twenty years “Remember when we were watching lions in Africa, and a bird pooped on my head?”

You can achieve happiness by doing things that make you happy, spending time with the people you love, and last but not least, really enjoy life.

This article was an assignment from CAE Unit 11. I wrote it and thought it would be nice to post :)

Smith said...
on Jan. 20 2016 at 12:41 am
Actually war is in the heart of human all we need to do is to construct fortress in it