Reasons and Objectives | Teen Ink

Reasons and Objectives

January 17, 2011
By Anonymous

As far as my eyes could see everything was divided into white and blue. There was barely any noise and there was an uncomfortable pressure in my ears. I had been on planes many times before but this would be the last time I would get on one. My family and I were leaving our home in Peru and moving to the U.S. permanently. Unbeknownst to me, we would not be allowed to return or enjoy many of the benefits Americans have. But I didn’t care about that then, I was enjoying the flight and the view for one last time.
After a couple of week’s search, my parents found an apartment that we could move into. The rent was more that they were comfortable with but they knew the district had a good school so they took it. Ever since I can remember my parents have tried to give me a good education. In Peru, they made an effort to sign me up to a good school, so it was no surprise that they would try here as well. At the time we moved I couldn’t do much to help their goal, all I could do was try my best at school. But now that’s changed. I keep my parents objectives at heart and try to obtain the best education I can get.
Education is the first step towards financial stability. A degree from a respected college or university will allow me to secure this. I hope go obtain a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and get a job in a related field. With this, maybe I can one day pay back my parents for all of their hard work.


The author's comments:
This is my college transfer essay, i was supposed to:
.. provide a statement (250 words minimum) that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve.