Continuities & Changes Over Time Essay (Silk Road Interactions Between 200 B.C.E – 1450 C.E.) | Teen Ink

Continuities & Changes Over Time Essay (Silk Road Interactions Between 200 B.C.E – 1450 C.E.)

By JacksonDReynolds PLATINUM, Chatsworth, Georgia
JacksonDReynolds PLATINUM, Chatsworth, Georgia

During the period of time between 200 B.C.E. and 1450 C.E., the silk road underwent many subtle transformations while at the same time holding on to its original purpose. The trade of spices and goods to and from Asia and Europe remained constant, while the materials bartered slowly changed. The political boundaries as well as the national identities of the encompassing countries also were altered.
Despite changes in materials, the original purpose of the silk road remained intact throughout this time period. Asian commodities were traded with European merchants along the road and vice versa. Asia’s economy, such as that of China specifically, remained heavily reliant on the money from silk road trade, irregardless of the origin or type of goods that fueled such. Comparably, Europe’s economic status remained fueled by Asian trades.
While the basic purpose of the silk road remained mostly unchanged, the goods traded on it and the areas it went through did. While the silk road originally began on a small scale as a simple route of transport for Eurasian merchants, it later grew into an international necessity, not only economically, but culturally as well. Once exposed to Asian spices, fabrics, etc., Europeans became increasingly “addicted” to their newfound luxuries. This, in addition to Europe having the same effect on Asia, gradually shaped both cultures. Because of the numerous political changes that took place during this expanse of time, the route travelled by silk road merchants passed through new nations formed at the collapse of the Roman Empire. This, in turn, shaped the identities of additional nations/cultures along the path of the silk road.
Overall, the silk road’s basic purpose remained intact from 200 B.C.E. to 1450 C.E., but the specific patterns of interactions that occurred along it did not. Empires fell, new nations were formed, and that brought myriad changes to silk road cultures and the interactions between those that traveled on it.

I like Pizza said...
^^you also running behind? lol

Vampire said...
Although this is a really good response to the continuities and changes of the Silk Road, you mostly just talks about the changes and I was really looking for continuities but thanks for the help.

Richcoca PLATINUM, Canoga Park, California

Make as many as mistakes as you want, just don't make the same mistake.

AP World History assignment, I presume.

chin.boi said...
on May. 14 2015 at 10:46 am
I think we should get paid cuz adults put the time and effort in getting paid at they're job we do the same thing but don't get paid

CfC-1 said...
on May. 14 2015 at 10:27 am
Cool story!

Nette said...
on May. 14 2015 at 10:01 am
wow, what a great job.... I laughed, I cried, and love how you kept me engaged until the very end. You are very talented Sunny....

batgirl14 said...
its AMAZING

Middle said...
Han, I love this.

Ap suks said...
Saved my life

*seriousness *intellectual *intended. It *May I *offense

Anonymous said...
surprisingly it actually is

@meekyscreeny2019 According to AP grading rules and regulations, as long as you represent one change and one continuity in this essay you will receive full points. This is hard to do, due to the amount of evidence needed, so most teachers suggest two or more.

playabflat said...
playabflat, Jacksonville, Florida

"Worrying about the future is as effective as tyring to solve an algebra equation by chewing buble gum."

same omg bless

Shaina said...
I'm in the same exact postion right now this is a miracle.

johnpaul3 said...
on Jan. 16 2014 at 12:33 am
i agree  

RatGuy12345 said...
I don't think *irregardless* is a word

I agree. This essay would not receive a very high score on the AP Exam. 1. There is only one continuity, while there should be two. 2. There are no REASONS for the changes and continuities. 3. No background information is given. 

NikkiNDo said...
on Nov. 9 2012 at 2:04 am
Although there are some excellent concepts, I don't see any evidence in this essay that "show" us how the Silk Roads continued/changed over time.

K.Tryce96 said...
on Apr. 19 2012 at 2:54 am

- OMG.. This was a miricale i found this 

- With me only being a 10th greader taking this AP course && me having to write an essay over this topic I found it VERY helpful

this helped sooo much! thank you (: