Should College Athletes Get Paid? | Teen Ink

Should College Athletes Get Paid?

March 9, 2016
By Anonymous

Imagine this: You get a scholarship to North Carolina to play for the Tar Heels and after a month your out of money you can’t pay for gas and food and playing basketball is pretty much your full time job.


College athletes should be payed because if they run out of money they can’t afford food or gas and everyday other everyday things. College athletes can’t really have another job because they spend an average of 43.3 hours a week for their sports not including academics which is more than the average adult works. College athletes should just get payed for their needs like food and gas.


College athletes also should be paid because they are the ones that bring in the money. They do good to bring in the fans to the games. With all the money they bring in makes the NCAA a multi billion dollar industry which at the moment is 11 billion dollars and how bad is it to give each player 2,500 dollars a month and a little more for the star players.


If college athletes were payed it would help them learn how to manage their money. Even if they go into professional sports or get a good job if they don't make it to the professionals and even if they don't make it and get a job. Also saving and managing money is a good thing to learn for when you're on your own.


I think college athletes should be paid because it could help them not worry about working more than they already do and it will help them in the future. College athletes should be paid.


The author's comments:

My article is about how I think college athletes should be paid.