Come Back to Reality | Teen Ink

Come Back to Reality

February 13, 2015
By Gianna Anderson BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
Gianna Anderson BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

   Kids always feel that their hero should have superpowers, but as they become older reality sets in about what a hero to them should be.
 

Teens or even adults realize that their hero all along was t-right there in front of their faces and it is someone that’s significant in their lives, as in their own parent(s), guardian(s), basically any kind of friend or relative. For us we want to do anything and have everything and just have their “hero” be just okay what with they are doing and just go about their lives. A hero aren’t always “yes men” meaning they are going to tell you what you are doing is right or wrong. Hero’s know that have to be a role model but they don’t have to be perfect only because of the fact they are human they do make mistakes but what makes them people or “hero’s” that others look up to is that they learn from their mistake and try to do better not just try to cover their actions up and think what they did is okay what they did if they were in they wrong.
 

 People of all ages from kids, to teenagers, to even adults should believe they are subjected to just having one hero. They should notice that the people that has been there since day one inspiring them are their heroes from teammates school teachers/professors could be heroes also. Just sitting back and think we want to have people that inspire us to surround us we all want to be happy and be successful and help people as much as possible. At the end of the day we want to follow in our heroes footsteps and make a difference just like them, bring smiles to not only our own faces but the people that need it the most and see them smile from ear to ear.


The author's comments:

What inspired me to write this piece is because we have so many people that do for others and do not ger recongize for it. Heroes are not just people with money and has super powers, regular people that just want to see other people make progress and get better.