I'm Not Going This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown

Thereis a lot of pressure on me and my classmates in this, our last year of highschool. After we graduate, our lives begin, and that is going to hit some of ushard. Some of my friends are joining the military, but most are headed tocollege. I will be doing neither since I have a job lined up that I will startthe first Monday after graduation.

I don't know why I chose not to go tocollege. Maybe it's because I thought I wasn't smart enough, although I know I amsmart. I'm not a genius, but I could have gotten into a decent college. It's muchtoo late for that now, because I am stuck fixing last year's mistakes. In fact,the class I am writing this for is the one I have to take over because I failedit last year.

One thing I do know is that I am scared of graduation. I'mnot scared of not graduating, it's the idea of being the only person responsiblefor me that has me scared. But only time will tell how it will all turn out.

babigerl1194 said...
Feb. 24, 2010 at 7:43 pm:
definately. and use some bigger words.

sam-meh said...
maybe next time you should proofread it! it might help for your next college essay!