Questions This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

I am repeatedly asked, "Where are you going to college?" I usually answer meekly, "Idon't know yet." As a sophomore, I don't spend much time thinking about what colleges I want to applyto. I am either too busy with clubs or sports or worrying about my grade-point average. Everyone ispressured to go to some expensive Ivy League college but few realize how hard it is to get in.

Themore I think about it, the more I don't care where I go as long as I receive a good education. College is justlike high school except people are more preoccupied with their soon-to-be careers.

My sister is ajunior this year and has checked out almost all the colleges in Southern California to find the perfect one.Meanwhile, I relax and wait my turn to follow in her footsteps. But while I'm busy or keeping my mind offcollege, time continues to fly by. I never realized how quickly my four years of high school wouldpass.

In some ways I look forward to college, a path to become independent and begin a whole newlife. But for now, when people ask, "Where do you want to go?" I just say, "I'm enjoyinglife and taking it one day at a time."

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Samoa said...
Dec. 30, 2009 at 4:39 am:
totally true...nice article! This really relates to me!