Top Voted College Articles

Here are the top voted college articles:

voted
#1
A Piece of Me This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
    Two years ago I lost a piece of my heart, a partof my life and a part of me. My father died. It was both a complete shock and expected. He was adrug addict and an alcoholic, but I'd always been Daddy's little girl. He lived with... (more »)
Subsection: College Essays   1 comment
voted
#2
Failing Successfully This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
My day in the sun had arrived – my magnum opus would be revealed. I had just delivered a memorized speech that I had labored over for weeks, and I was about to learn how the panel judged my performance. The polite but sparse audience leaned... (more »)
Subsection: College Essays   73 comments
voted
#3
How Public Schools Fail This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Random House defines education as “the act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life.” This seems like a... (more »)
Subsection: College Articles   25 comments
voted
#4
Tall Chai This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
“Grande Cappuccino!” “Venti Caramel Mocha!” Caught in the coffee chaos at Starbucks, I stand impatiently in line waiting to order my chai latte. As I wait, I glance at the piles of low-fat blueberry muffins and stretch my neck to steal a... (more »)
Subsection: College Essays   15 comments
voted
#5
The Jungle This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I stood in front of the classroom like a specimen under the scrutiny of 23 pairs of eyes. The children were hunters on high alert, ready to pounce on any mistake I made. I began stuttering and gave wrong answers for simple math problems, only to... (more »)
Subsection: College Essays   10 comments
voted
#6
Flying This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The life-size castle had a slide and two floors; my daughter would have to have it. We were 10 years old and leafing through the Toys “R” Us catalog, picking out toys we would buy for our children. We sat on our knees around the coffee table,... (more »)
Subsection: College Essays   6 comments
voted
#7
The Story of None This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
During the early days of the Clinton presidency, after years of war on antipoverty programs, struggling single mothers were all too common. Somehow, some found ways to provide for the children they loved and were willing to give the world for.... (more »)
Subsection: College Essays   11 comments
voted
#8
Life’s Fragility This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
He lay there, immobilized, while blood flowed down his arms and pooled in his hands. The concrete parking lot was not an ideal resting spot, but apparently he had no choice. I noticed his gray hair was taking on a reddish tone. He must have hit... (more »)
voted
#9
College Application Tips This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
With college admissions becoming increasingly competitive and deadlines constantly looming, upperclassmen are always stressing to ensure that their applications are up to par. But fret not! The process can be simplified by following these tips.... (more »)
Subsection: College Articles   2 comments
voted
#10
How I Became an "Old Man" This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“Sir‚ name and rank‚ sir.” That was my most frequently used phrase ­during my first month in the United States at the Culver Military Academy. I was a second-class man (junior) but also a new cadet. As a Chinese student who had... (more »)
Subsection: College Essays   14 comments
voted
#11
Austin College This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Sherman, TX: The many fountains squirted streams of glistening water. The green of the grass radiated throughout the 70 acres. The ivy-covered buildings stood tall, stylishly surrounding the quad as the chapel bell began playing songs of joy. It... (more »)
Subsection: College Reviews   1 comment
voted
#12
University of California, Berkeley This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Berkeley, CA: Aside from its many Nobel Laureates (who get parking spaces especially for them), the really low numbers (26.6 percent acceptance rate), and the really high numbers (GPA, SAT, ACT), which apply to many excellent schools, the... (more »)
Subsection: College Reviews  
voted
#13
Columbia University This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
New York, NY: As a college-bound student, I have been looking at different universities' approach to education. Is it innovative and unique? Is it motivating? Does it provoke students into deep thought – or perhaps even action? After much... (more »)
Subsection: College Reviews   22 comments
voted
#14
Pursue Your Passions This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Someone once told me, “You're wasting your time on a career that will only lead to starvation.” Ouch, right? But before I go on, let me give you some background on the career in question. I want to be a journalist for a newspaper or... (more »)
Subsection: College Articles   36 comments
voted
#15
No Turning Back This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Gasps sounded as lightning flashed. In the two seats next to me, my friends were sleeping peacefully. I, however, was wringing my hands; I was scared. It wasn't one of those absolute horror moments, but just pure anxiety rearing its head. I was 16... (more »)
Subsection: College Essays   1 comment
voted
#16
West Virginia University This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Morgantown, WV: I probably would never have considered West Virginia University, but after I visited my sister there it became one of my top choices. The university is located in Morgantown, a small rural city tucked in the hills of West Virginia.... (more »)
Subsection: College Reviews   4 comments