Walking Miles In My Shoes

Author's note: I hope that this will inspire people and help them.
Author's note: I hope that this will inspire people and help them.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

Surprise

Buzz! The alarm sounded. Mom (Nicole) and step-dad (Charleston) finally awoke from a long peaceful night of sleep. They jumped out of bed excitedly knowing that they had such a wondrous day awaiting them. Nicole's son (Daron) who was three jumped out of bed enthusiastically.
This was the day they would find out if this baby Nicole had been carrying was a boy or girl. Neither of them really cared which one it was. Coming into this family....Charleston agreed to be here for all of Nicole's children even though none of them were his.
After getting dressed and taking an hour and forty-five minute drive to the doctor's office, they could barely wait any longer. Finally, they arrived and got themselves signed in. The fifteen-minute wait to get called back for the ultrasound seemed like forever.
Nicole laid across the mat and the doctor raised her shirt. He began by putting cold gel on her stomach. Before they knew it they could hear a heartbeat....but wait. The doctor paused and said, "That's not just one baby's heartbeat." There were two of them! Nicole would soon be having twins!