Black Angel

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

How it all started

I decided to go for an evening walk. I had walked about three blocks when I felt something hard and cold hit the back of my neck then my head. I’m pretty sure I was knocked out on the spot.
I woke up in a warm room with a pounding headache. I didn’t know if it would be safe if I looked up so I pretend that I was still asleep. The room seemed small and I was sure that I was the only one in there. I reached into my pocket, my pocket knife was still there. So, either they didn’t find me to be a threat and didn’t check me, or they didn’t think I could do anything with a pocket knife. Either way, they made a stupid assumption.
I cracked my back, it was stiff from laying on the cement. I wasn’t sure how long I had been there, but I was sure it had been awhile. I slowly pulled my foot up to me, I tried to make as little sound as possible. Once my foot was raised I retied my combat boot so it was nice and tight, I did the same with my other foot. I tied my long black hair up into a sleek pony tail so it wouldn’t get in the way of anything I had to do.
Once I was mentally and physically prepared for what ever was going to happen I stood up. I had a clear view of the room now, it was small, about the size of a walk in closet. There was the bare mattress I had been laying on, and a mini fridge. I walked over to the fridge knowing there was most likely nothing I could use for battle. I opened it to find it stocked full of water bottles. I pulled one out and opened it smelling the contents. There was no off smell so I was pretty sure it was normal bottled water. I put the water into my messenger bag which my captives also hadn’t taken. I didn’t have much in the bag anyways. Just an empty wallet, a couple tampons and a notebook.
I reached for the door knob and twisted it slowly, it was locked. I was actually shocked they had made one good act in the process of capturing me. I honestly had thought the door was going to swing open for me. I took my pocket knife out of my jeans and picked the lock the way Dante had shown me. When I heard the click of the lock I smiled, proud of myself for remembering how to do it.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

vgirl said...
Feb. 26, 2013 at 2:25 pm:
keep going its great