First Day

Author's note: I hope to share my experiences with the readers through this second novel, to establish a deep...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope to share my experiences with the readers through this second novel, to establish a deep connection bound with memories and/or current experiences in life that relate to my own.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Instant Connection

It became routine that we passed the house each time we rounded the last courner and started again. This time was different.

My cousin spotted you and casually asked,

"You wanna come?"

My aunt approved. It was almost immedietly that I let my guard down. With you by our side, what could happen?

The three of us walked in a row discussing interests, sharing life experiences, and taking turns asking and clarifying silent questions. There came a point in time when I let myself enjoy every sweet moment, I let my mind linger and ponder the words you had spoken. Their came a point that night when I realized how I felt about you. The way you did not hesitate to offer me your arm as my cousin pushed her little sister's baby carriage silently, a few paces ahead as the weels turned and scraped the dirty pavement.
----------10
In that moment, it was only you and I sharing our thoughts, advice, and feelings with one another about the past. Talking of bullies and school, of shared convictions, of acceptance and of honesty. While I listened intently, I couldn't help but smile. Smile, because this impromptu rendezvous was just the beginning.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!