Home > Book (Nonfiction) > Other Books > The Absent Girl

The Absent Girl

Brittany T.
The Absent Girl
Summary: Lola Burden, a widow mother of two daughters, gets crazed when her husband dies of a heart attack. Ever since that occured, she constantly beats her children and neglects them as much as possible. Will the two daughters ever step foot outside again? When will this woman ever be stopped?

Tags: family

This book has 5 comments. Post your own now!

meganheu said...

PLEASE DON'T READ THIS. YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST FRIDAY BY THE ONE YOU LOVE. NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS SO DON'T STOP.

THIS IS REALLY FREAKY!!!

1)say your name 10 times

2)say your mom's name 5 times

3)say your crush's name 3 times

4)paste this on 4 other posts. if you do this your crush will kiss you on the nearest friday. if you don't do this after reading this you will get bad luck

send this to 4 other post in 143 minutes when done pre... (more »)

love2love17 said...
Oct. 15, 2011 at 6:26 am
Good, but I have to agree with SafariE.Summer. It did sound like an excerpt, and how did Mrs. Rivers know she was being beaten? Were there bruises? If so, please include this. The details will make your work come alive. Overall, it was all right, just needs a little more work, but great job!

alanal said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 9:36 am

That reminds me of when kids do bad stuff and theyget hit but they have to got to another hom ebecause there not safe

purplelover15 replied...
yea thats true. thanks for reading!

SafariE.Summer replied...
I liked it but some of the reactions seemed a little unrealistic. I would really like to read more of wht you wrote is this the end or are you going t continue. T o me wht u hav written seems more of an excerp then it is an actual book plz write more oh and add more detail it seemed as though u went straight to the point