New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Not easy being me

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

First day of fresmen year

First day of freshman year

September 8
Today is the first day of freshman year, the beginning to the rest of your life. I went to the orientation over the summer and everyone looked so old. The upper classman had beards and mustaches, can you say gross? Mom said I don’t have to worry as long as I surround myself with great friends, and I do. I’ve been hanging out with the same people for six years now. Ally, Whitney, Rebecca, Jordan and Emerson.
Ally is the one with the brains; she knows everything about everything and still maintains good looks. Most girls like Ally care to much about their books rather than looks but somehow she is good at keeping up with both of them. Whitney, the blonde. Whitney doesn’t have any smarts, oh , besides what shade of orange to get when she gets her spray tans done. She is too busy looking at the guys in biology to even realize what’s going on. Like this time our teacher was talking about where genes come from, Mrs. Jones called on her and of course, Whitney said “From the mall” with that bright smile of hers. Rebecca is the girl everyone stares at in the hallway and whishes they could be her but with more meat on their bones. Rebecca, like me, is going to be a freshman this year and she only weighs about 90 pounds. I have to admit
she is pretty though. Jordan is the tom boy of the group, she plays all these different sports. Softball, Basketball, ice hockey, field hockey , lacrosse. Sometimes she even goes paintballing with her older brother. She doesn’t really care what anyone else thinks about her, I guess that’s why we are so close. Last but not least; Emerson. The red head with a baby doll like figure. Emerson has been my bff
ever since the day in pre k I found out she stole my crayons. She wanted the red one but I was using it so when I wasn’t looking she sneakily took the red from my cubby and drew all over her desk with it. Surprisingly enough she still has her sneaky ways. Then there is me, Arianna. I have the most perfect boyfriend, I get the grades I need to pass and I try to look my best every day, except for gym days of course. And the only thing I have to say is, High school, get ready ‘cause here I come.
It was 7:15 and the black range rover pulled up in front of Arianna’s three story house. The girls always picked her up for school and after school. The horn beeped and Arianna rushed out the door.
“hey girl nice top” said Whitney
“thanks nice skirt” said Arianna with a smile.
The car pulled up to Jordan’s house as she was waiting patiently with a basketball in hand. The basketball thumped as she ran to the door and got in.
“hey guys! Ready for the first day of freshman year?” she yelled.
“yay” everyone said sarcastically, except Ally. Ally loved school and she was especially excited when she got her list of school supplies, as soon as she got it she was out in 5 seconds and back in 10 minutes. “actually I’m kind of excited for school to start” she said “seeing everyone again, meeting new teachers”
“boringggg” said Rebecca. “why would anyone want to see the hideous clothes people wear nowadays”
“yea it’s pretty trifling don’t you think”
“whitney I’m surprised you know what Trifling means” Arianna said.
Whitney giggled “I know right!”
The car pulled up to Drango highschool, Drango is a nice school, a lot of money would come out of peoples wallets just so their sons and daughters could go there and be among the high class like their parents were when they were young.
“Bye Ladies” said Michael. Michael was the girls’ driver. Drove them anywhere they wanted as long as he walked away with cash.
The morning announcements came on and the girls were talking in the hallway as a girl passed them. Rebecca looked at this girl like she had four heads. Or maybe it was just her poor sense of style. You never knew with Rebecca. She knew almost everything that went on in school, she loves juicy gossip.
“oh em gee did you see that girls outfit?” she said
“I liked it” said Emerson. Rebecca gave her a glare, one of those glares that said you have to like what I like to be my friend. And Emerson just starred away.
The first bell rang.
The girls were off to their homerooms. Whitney was up one floor and I was down one floor, Rebecca was all the way across the school and Ally and Emerson were in Arianna’s homeroom.
They arrived to class to see a bald man with khaki’s and a Hawaiian shirt and sandals. His name was Mr. Pierce. He was a crazy teacher, he said the word Like to many times and his facials expression always looks surprised, like he’s just seen a ghost.
“hello class, I’m Mr Pierce and I will be your homeroom teacher for the rest of the year. I would like to say Welcome to Drango, I’m sure you’ll like it”
Arianna looked around the room and saw a poster that read “We don’t give up on you” and then her phone buzzed. It was Rebecca.
“Meet me in Hall E”
Arianna asked Ally where Hall E was so she could meet up with Rebecca and instead she found Greg. Greg was Arianna’s boy friend of a whole year. Jock. He was the quarter back for the football team, he is the pitcher for their school’s and travel team and most importantly he had money. His dad owned a hote business called “surwish inn”
“hey Ari” he called out. “where you headed?”
“trying to find hall E to meet Rebecca, do you know where it is?”
“right down the hall, go down those steps and you’re there”
Greg gave her a hug and a quick kiss not knowing a teacher was behind them
“no kissing in the halls” she said with a frown on her face. That was Ms Crowley, she was always in a bad mood. Her husband left her for his co worker last year and she is still recovering from it. She is just jealous she doesn’t have a hottie like Arianna does.
Arianna made her way to the hallway downstairs and saw a big blob of blonde. She tapped Rebecca and smiled.
“you buzzed?”
“yeah, have you seen what people are wearing? Look around”
Arianna looked around and saw people wearing shorts and tee shirts. What any normal person would wear for summer time.
“what’s wrong about it?” she asked
“is that a joke? They obviously shop at a homeless shelter”
“that isnt nice rebecca”
“neither are your shoes” Rebecca scowled at her, making Arianna feel like a little puppy and Rebecca was the owner. Arianna walked away in hopes that Rebecca would apologize, but nothing.
Rebecca always has to be right, all the time, not once not twice, all the time! why cant she be more like other people and treat them with respect and not wine all the time?! ugh. She doesn’t even say sorry?
Arianna got back to homeroom as the bell rang, her and Ally were off to first period together. Geometry. Ally loved math, she could probably remember Pi in her sleep. As for Arianna, Arianna preferred writing, that’s why she chose journalism as her elective. Although she was a bit nervous, she didn’t know what to expect. The girls arrived in Geometry and took their seats.
“everybody stand up, you don’t think you can pick your own seats can you?” said the teacher. He had a light blue polo on and courderoy shorts on. He looked nice. The only problem was, he didn’t let his students sit where they wanted. Which was a problem for Ally. She got assigned a seat in the back with drawings of inappropriate things and hearts with initials in it, while she prefers the nice clean desk in the front with no drawings and nice work space on it. Luckily the teacher let her sit in the front with Arianna.
Arianna’s phone buzzed again, but this time she didn’t look at it right away because she was in the front. If she wanted to look at her text she was going to have to wait until the teacher sat at his desk in the back of the class. He talked for thirty minutes straight about what is expected of the students he teaches and what they should always bring to class. All that boring stuff. Of course, Ally was jotting this all down even though she had a list in front of her to look off of. The teacher walked to the back of the class and Arianna picked up her phone and put it under her desk to look at it. Whitney. Her phone buzzed again, Jordan.
“ I hate this class it’s not my thing- WhitNEY” her signature was “WhitNEY” because her favorite animal’s are horses. If only she knew how to spell correctly.
“I have to stay after today, my gym teacher said there is a field hockey meeting right after school- Jordyy”
Arianna quickly closed her phone as the teacher came up behind her. The bell rang and they were off. Arianna headed the opposite direction and bumped into Emerson.
“Ari! Hey how do you like it so far?”
Arianna sighed. “it’s going to take some getting used to I guess. What’s up with Becca, she seemed mad today”
“you know how she gets when there’s no good fashion sense around, everythings gota be-“
“her way” they both said. They laughed, they always finished each others sentences and thought it was funny how they knew each other so well.
“well she called my shoes ugly today”
“don’t worry I think they’re cute. Totally you” she said with a giggle.
Arianna and Emerson headed off to English together. Another thing they had in common was they both loved to write but never told their friends about it. They would all laugh and kick them out of the group.
Arianna’s phone went off yet again and this time It was from a blocked number.
“I know you’re talking trash about me and it will stop. Love RH”
Arianna’s stomach dropped, she knows she didn’t do anything but why would anyone start drama with her of all people. That feeling in your stomach when someone is trying to get you mad but you act like it doesn’t make you feel weird but it does, that same feeling crept up on Arianna. Who sent the text to her, and who is RH?
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Charlie1 said...
this book is great :)

Irene C. said...
Jul. 30, 2011 at 4:15 pm:
Not trying to be rude at all but in the beginning it seemed like it was coming from Arianna's view than it changed but stil good so far havent finished yet but you are an awesome writer!!!!

Alanal said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 9:29 am:
Some people think others are there friends but im the end there not u can only trust cirten people

loves2write replied...
May 5, 2011 at 11:46 am :
yeah exactly :) thanks for the comment!