Ireland's Call

Author's note: I am in love with love stories. I wanted to write one of my own and also include my love of...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I am in love with love stories. I wanted to write one of my own and also include my love of Ireland and the Irish people.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

James' Diagnosis

The doctor looked up at James and gave an obvious fake grin when he asked, “So how are you doing today”?
“Well,” James choked out, “I’m doing better knowing that you have found a diagnosis. Please, don’t linger on with a conversation, just tell me.”
The doctor announced the horrid news that James had a rare but deadly disease. The only way to treat it would be months of ultraviolet therapy. There was no cure for his illness but the doctor recommended a therapy specialist.
It's definitely a short chapter but it sums up the point.
James took a deep breath and a few minutes to soak up the information he had just received. He shook the doc’s hand and headed out of the office and toward that little coffee shop on the corner. He saw Danielle through the window and his eyes filled with tears. He pulled out his phone and sent her a text message saying that he had a meeting after work that night so she could just head to bed and he’d wake her up when he got in. He headed back to their apartment and packed a suitcase full of necessities and clothes.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!