New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

How To Be Popular

Author's note: What inspired me to write this is my crush getting a girl friend and how my friends tried to...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: What inspired me to write this is my crush getting a girl friend and how my friends tried to brake them up but yet now i know he wasn't worth any of my time, heres to you dude!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

Chapter One: Mistakes

Ugh What can I say, it’s a talent. A talent that I use to often in the art of screwing up. “ Missy J!” my mom yelled. And it was normal for her to do that. I ran downstairs as quick as I could and I almost crashed onto Charlie, my dog. I could tell she was going to yell about something I did or said. “ What is this about you being obsessed about some guy?” she asked, but I could feel the anger in her voice. I knew this sounded bad but, as my friends say, I’m a devoted crush and may have
this is kinda true except it was on the guys channel NOT the girl friends channel in real life
crossed the line sometime. ‘What! Who said that!?” I exclaimed as I looked at the computer screen. And yes, I knew it. It was Dona who had posted it on Facebook. Oh I just LOVE Facebook! A place for people to say rude things about each other. And the sad thing is it got twenty-four likes and twelve comments. “ So you still have a crush on Rick!” my mom exclaimed.

I must say she is persistent to make me move on from him. “That’s…well…true..but… what if he asks me out and..” But before I could finish I remembered everything in fifth grade, the teasing, the harassment, the songs, and of course his face. He was haunting me. Only because I made a mistake by trying to make him like me instead of Veira, who of course was in the popular clique. I ran up stairs, this time not crashing into Charlie, and then going to bed. But tomorrow was a school day and I had to prepare for the encounter of the popular kind.

TimexxFlies said...
It needs work. A lot. It has a good plot, but needs work.

KiraVogt2896 said...
haha nevermind, I found it! You're writing is really good so far! :)

KiraVogt2896 said...
Im sorry, but where is the rest of the book?

Aduke9 said...
May 19, 2012 at 8:37 pm:
Never mind. I got help on forums. Great story, by the way.

Aduke9 said...
May 6, 2012 at 8:40 pm:
The book won't let me get any farther than the first chapter.

iloverontoomuch said...
This is very cute, and I can tell you wrote it quiet a bit ago, I wrote a story like this except I was 13 :) It's called Infinity and Me But not about popularity :D This is kinda sad if parts of it did happen to you though

babysteps said...
Dec. 17, 2011 at 10:15 am:
This was a sweet book! I really enjoyed it, A nice easy read!:)

country_chickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Well, I enjoyed this. Quick and to the point. All tied together with a happy ending? Perfect. I think this was pretty good if I must say so. I'm having trouble beginning my book. Everyone keep an eye out. It's going to be called: In Time for Christmas. So excited!!! :P

Mystiecub said...
Nov. 17, 2011 at 9:24 am:

This was an alright book, though it was a little short for my liking. I think you could have extended the text to make each chapter more than about three paragraphs. Perhaps you could add a bit more imagery and detail? Also, this seemed a little rushed; like you just typed it up without looking over it. As a writer, that is a very bad idea :/

As mentioned, there are a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes. I don't need to review that.

I can believe that something like this would ... (more »)

Clear_Skies said...
Oct. 16, 2011 at 9:06 am:
This has a great storyline! It's a really good book, but there's a lot of spelling mistakes. Some of the popular people's reactions when she starts coming to school with a new look seem a bit unrealistic. It's a really good book, though,  and I loved the ending.

country_chickThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 2, 2011 at 5:44 pm :
actually it isn't unrealistic. It's happened to me. All I did was show up with a cute little outfit and all of a sudden attention. All the girls glared and cussed at me to stay away. But who cares what they say? What's that song? Your beautiful no matter what they say? isn't that wat it says? This seems to be the theme here :)

GLee_LuverThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 14, 2011 at 11:23 am:
Wow, I agree, if you touch this up a bit, It would be awesome.

Evan97 said...
Aug. 24, 2011 at 12:42 am:
So is anyone going to stop saying how bad spelling is and say weather the story line was good or not? Just A Question. 

LADY-BUGG replied...
Nov. 22, 2013 at 9:51 am :
Your right someone really needs to compliment it. i think its very interesting, what about you. do you like it.

emilybwrites said...
wow tthis was pretty good! please check out my poem "Forgotten Domain" and comment/rate :)

Danealle said...
Jul. 24, 2011 at 2:49 pm:

This is good, but you need to work on your technical skills. Other then that your life would make a good movie! lol

Check out my non-fiction book "Even Though"

diamd123738 replied...
Aug. 15, 2011 at 7:27 pm :
so true!!!...lol

C.N.Red said...
Jul. 22, 2011 at 6:51 pm:
Wait...is this real?!?!

FlashlevitationThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:09 pm:
I have to tell you, the summary sounded a lot like several chick flicks that I've heard of before. 

Alon_Freebird said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:06 am:
i didn't read it. but i'm wondering if this was really published.. is this?