Typical

Author's note:

All the characters in the story are based on characters in my life.

Author's note:

« Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »

Scene 1

(Both MJ and Aiden are standing in the hallway at their school. Aiden is getting books out of his locker. MJ stands leaning against someone else's locker. They both have backpacks. Aiden has his backpack in hand, while Mary has her bag on her back. The lighting focuses on only Aiden.
It is unclear whether Aiden doesn’t see Mary or is simply ignoring her. Both stand at the lockers. Aiden continues to get books out of his locker and into his bag. A minute goes past before Aiden addresses Mary.)

(Still moving things between his locker and bag, Aiden begins talking.)

AIDEN
What class do you have?

MARY
Oh, um, I have English. How ‘bout you?

AIDEN
I don’t know. I’ll figure it. I’m just gonna follow people I know are in my classes until I find it.

(Stops putting things in his bag. Shuts his locker and looks at Mary)

MARY
Are you okay? You seem off.

AIDEN
I just, don’t know what to do.

MARY
About what?

AIDEN
What do you think. I want to be with you and you don’t. You tell me that you like me, but you don’t want to be in relationship. Well what does that do for me. You’re scared to do anything about everything. You want a relationship, but every chance you get you just it mess up. You need to get out of your own head.

(Takes a second to take a deep breath)

AIDEN
I just don’t even know what to do. Should I move on or wait for you to get out of your own way? I want to wait, but you make things for difficult

Mary
Ryan, I….I don’t want to get into a relationship for the wrong reason.

Aiden
I’ll talk to you later.

(Aiden walks past Mary. Light remains on Mary for a moment before fading.)

Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »