The Girl Behind The Mask | Teen Ink

The Girl Behind The Mask

By AlwaysInBeastMode GOLD, Suitland, Maryland
AlwaysInBeastMode GOLD, Suitland, Maryland

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.

Author's note: I wanted to inspire other people with my story and I wanted to help those who went through what I went through.

I started to pretend who I was in 6th, 7th, and a little bit in 8th grade. Because I was new to Judge S. Woods. I knew this girl Amari and I knew she was going to be a bad influence on me. But I didn't care at the time. The real me didn't show. I put on my mask. I wouldn't show my true self I would pretend all the time. I pretend who I am because I think if a person find my true self nobody wouldn't like me for who I am. I'm not going to lie. In Elem. School I was a follower. Everytime me and my friend Amari got together I would change. In a way I wanted to stop pretending and take off my mask. But I couldn't I felt as though I had to pretend. I had to hide everything. When I went through what I went through when I was 11-years-old I tried to pretend like nothing happend when on the inside it hurt so bad. People always ask me about the marks on my arm. I would look down at my arm and I'd would walk away. I put on my mask. I pretend who I am. Why do I pretend? Why can't I show my true self? I would ask them questions over and over in my head. The real reason is why I pretend who I am, is beacause I try to fit in. In 6th grade. I was the only thick 11-year-old. I wasn't proud of my true self. I was always ashame of my weight. I would always put on my mask. In 7th grade. I really started to put on my mask on more often. I got transfer to Drew Freeman Middle School. I tried to get in where I fit in. I always cursed teachers out, fight, not do my work, or even walk out of class. Thats not me. I had my mask on. I had no friends yet. But I wanted some. For some reason during 7th grade I was press for friends. If I had a friend I would get in where I fit in. I would always put my mask on in Ms. Jones class. People who tell me you need to beat Ms. Jones. Because I always cursed her out. Thats not me. Not at all. In 8th grade I got tired of pretending but I pretend only a little bit but not how I did in 6th and 7th grade. I cursed out teachers in 8th grade. Once again thats not me. Thats my mask. I know the real me and being something I'm not is definitly not me. I got tired of trying to impress people. I learned that In 8th grade. I pretend a little bit in 8th grade. My goal was to be myself. I was myself a little bit but I felt the need to pretend. I felt the need to put on my mask.

I got tired of pretending. For once I wanted to take off the mask. I did a little but. I finally took off the mask in Math8 in Mr. Boom class. I was in 8th grade. Mathematics had always been my subject. I took off the mask In Mr. Rusco Class. We would always read for 15 minutes. People would Moan and make noises. But I read without a problem. I knew people were looking at me but I still was reading. I put back on my mask. But I felt the need to. I couldn't pretend any more. I got tired of being the class clown, I got tired of being sent to guidance, I got tired of going to the security office, I got tired of my mom being called, and also I got tired of getting suspended. I couldn't pretend no more. Who are you? What made you not pretend no more? Why take off the mask? Whats your true self? I always asks these questions each and everyday. The truth is I don't know who I am. I'm trying to find who I am? I would always say who are you? To me my life is like a puzzle. Because I'm trying to find the missing pieces here and there. My true self would be: Loud, Caring, Talkive, Funny, and Turned up. Also I love to read, I love romantic movies, I love action Movies, I love comdey movies, I love to write, My favorite show is Spongebob Square Pants, I love to watch Criminal Minds and Cold Case, I love to listen to old school music my mom plays, and I love to clean. When I'm not doing those things. I'm on the laptop Listening to Eric Thomas on http://Youtube.com and when I'm not doing that I'm writing my own quotes. When I'm not doing that I'm writting in my dairy, hanging out with my mom and sister, or sleeping. :) I can't pretend no more. I spend so much time trying to be somebody else that I don't even know my own self. I would always go on http://google.com and I would look up theses quotes and one of the quotes say. "Be You Everyone Else Is Taken". With that quote it made me wanted to take off my mask. I couldn't pretend no more because I had some real friends that liked me for who I am. I have 3 friends and we all be wilding out. Morrell, Jamia, and Tehya. Tehya thats my best friend. I can talk to her about anything. When ever she cries I'm right there and when ever I cry she right there. I couldn't pretend no more because I've founded the right friends. I could curse but you know like in a play mode. We could be loud, be turned up, and not afraid to be our natural self. we all had some classes together and of course it be wild but I never forgot to do my work. Theres no need to pretend. I am myself. I took off the mask. I had to have the courage to stand up to myself and tell myself to take off my mask.

Chapter 3: My Passion.
I would always hide my passion of writing and reading because I didn't want nobody to call me names. Because I love to do projects that involve science and English. I would love to do essays. When I do my essays. I be in my vibe. For example: In 9th grade. I was in 3 Period: Integrated the Science. The Class had to do a 3 page essays with a cover page and 3 pictures. I was siting by Jamia and Morrell was siting in the front of the libary. Now I was looking at that computer hard because I had to get all that done before class ended. I didn't copy and paste. I didn't rush. Morrell hahaha he copy and paste. I was laughing. I took the time to read, understand the story, and summarizes in my own words. I always had a passion of writing. My friend would always put me down or whatever because she would always brag about her writing. I was listening to Eric Thomas that day. He said "NOBODY CAN WRITE THE WAY YOU DO, NOBODY CAN THINK THE WAY YOU DO, NOBODY CAN DO NOTHING LIKE YOU!" And I feel as though that when a person doubt me I put my mask on. I have to hide what people say, I have to hide everything, because I feel as though nobody will like me for me. I couldn't hide my passion. I just love to write and theres no doubt about it. If I would have never went through what I went through when I was 11-years-old I WOULDN'T HAVE THE PASSION TO WRITE! I WOULDN'T HAVE MY BOOK AND ARTICLES POSTED ON http://teenink.com I just love my passion. One day I hope to go to college and major in Journalism. I've always Love to write and read. The books I've read were horror, mystrys, romance, comic books, and action. I've always writes my book based off on my favorite horror movie or an espiode off of Criminal Minds. I've always wanted to publish my own book. I've always had a passion but its just MY MASK THAT GETTING THE BEST OF ME.

I would always hide my passion of writing and reading because I didn't want nobody to call me names. Because I love to do projects that involve science and English. I would love to do essays. When I do my essays. I be in my vibe. For example: In 9th grade. I was in 3 Period: Integrated the Science. The Class had to do a 3 page essays with a cover page and 3 pictures. I was siting by Jamia and Morrell was siting in the front of the libary. Now I was looking at that computer hard because I had to get all that done before class ended. I didn't copy and paste. I didn't rush. Morrell hahaha he copy and paste. I was laughing. I took the time to read, understand the story, and summarizes in my own words. I always had a passion of writing. My friend would always put me down or whatever because she would always brag about her writing. I was listening to Eric Thomas that day. He said "NOBODY CAN WRITE THE WAY YOU DO, NOBODY CAN THINK THE WAY YOU DO, NOBODY CAN DO NOTHING LIKE YOU!" And I feel as though that when a person doubt me I put my mask on. I have to hide what people say, I have to hide everything, because I feel as though nobody will like me for me. I couldn't hide my passion. I just love to write and there's no doubt about it. If I would have never went through what I went through when I was 11-years-old I WOULDN'T HAVE THE PASSION TO WRITE! I WOULDN'T HAVE MY BOOK AND ARTICLES POSTED ON http://teenink.com I just love my passion. One day I hope to go to college and major in Journalism. I've always Love to write and read. The books I've read were horror, romance, comic books, and action. I've always writes my book based off on my favorite horror movie or an espiode off of Criminal Minds. I've always wanted to publish my own book. I've always had a passion but its just MY MASK THAT GETTING THE BEST OF ME.

Now I want to inspire people and I feel now is the good time to do it. I want someone to look up Eric Thomas, read his quotes, watch his videos/speeches. Please. You will get inspired like I got inspired. I've spent my whole life pretending and wearing a MASK! If you pretend who you are I ASK YOU. WHY? ARE YOU TRYING TO FIT IN? DO YOU LIKE YOURSELF? DID SOMETHING HAPPEN THAT YOU ARE ASHAME OF? Whatever it is Please don't pretend because you spend so much time pretending and having that mask on that you don't know your true self. Now if you one of them hard working and dedicated person and you reading this and you don't have to be hard working or dedicated you could just run across my book but you only get 24 hours in a day. Spend it wisely. We so busy recording fights, skipping class, trying to fit in, etc that we are not doing what we suppose to be doing. I'm speaking some real stuff because I know how all that feels. Everything happen to me when I was 11-years-old. People who read my work may be like why she keep talking about what happen to her when she was 11-years-old. I keep talking about it because to me thats the biggest thing that impact my life. THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON. One of my quote was that I told my friend was. I'M RIGHT NEXT TO YOU. YOU CAN'T SEE ME. BUT I SEE YOU. Which means I'm next to you, you can't see me, but I see everything you do. I can sense when something wrongs in a heart beat. Everyone talks to me because they know I've been through it all. And if I haven't I can still give you adivce. I care about people that I don't even know about. I helped this 15-year-old girl out with a relationship. I was mad because of what she was telling me about her boyfriend. I was speaking/saying some real stuff and thats one thing that people like about me is that I am powerful with words when I talk about an topic or situation. THIS IS ME. THE REAL ME. NO PRETEND. THE MASK IS OFF. IF YOU PRETEND TAKE THE MASK OFF. THIS IS THE TRUTH. SOME POWERFUL STUFF IS BEING SAID.

#1.IF SOMEONE TELLS YOU, YOU CAN'T DO THIS OR THAT AND THAT YOU AREN'T SMART ENOUGH. THAT KEEPS ME MOTIVATED BECAUSE THAT MAKES ME WANT TO STRIBE HARDER BUT NOT FOR THEM BUT FOR MYSELF.
#2. FRIENDS CAN HOLD YOU BACK SO IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE BETWEEN YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR EDUCATION. YOU NEED TO PICK YOUR EDUCATION.
#3. DRAMA WILL HOLD YOU BACK.
#4. YOU NEED TO BE YOURSELF BECAUSE IF YOU PRETEND WHO YOU ARE HOW ARE YOU GOING TO FIND WHO YOU REALLY ARE?
#5. WHEN PEOPLE SEE YOU AND STOP AND STARE AND ROLL THEIR EYES OR DO ANYTHING THEY SEE A REFLECTION OF WHAT THEY WANT TO BE.
#6. YOU CAN'T HELP EVERYONE.
#7. PEOPLE WILL TALK ABOUT YOU TILL THE DAY YOU DIE AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT BUT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE AND KNOW WHAT YOU AREN'T.
#8. REMEMBER IF YOU HAVE A FRIEND THAT ALWAYS TALK ABOUT DRAMA, PEOPLE, AND JUST INFLUENCING YOU TO DO NEGATIVE THINGS, WHY ARE YOUR FRIENDS WITH THEM?
#9. FRIENDS, DRAMA, ETC CAN HOLD YOU BACK FROM BEING SUCCESSFUL AND YOU NEED TO LEARN TO KEEP MOVING FORWARD AND NOT FEED INTO IT.
#10. DON'T LET NOBODY TELL YOU YOU'RE NOT GOING TO BE SUCCESSFUL BECAUSE NOBODYS KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING TO DO IN LIFE BUT YOURSELF.
#11. EDUCATION, CLASSWORK, PROJECTS, HOMEWORK, ETC COMES FIRST BEFORE YOUR BOYFRIEND, GIRLFRIEND, BAE, ETC.
#12. GET YOUR EDUCATION BECAUSE NOBODYS LIKE A DUMB GIRL OR BOY.
#13. HOW YOU GOING TO LOOK CUTE OR BE CUTE BUT BE DUMB AS A BRICK.
#14. IF A PERSON TALKS ABOUT YOU, OR EVEN START RUMORS, OR EVEM LOOK AT YOU WRONG, THEY JUST WANT ATTENTION, DON'T PAY THEM NO MIND.
#15.DON'T SHOW NO EMOTION BECAUSE ITS ONLY ENTERIMENT FOR THEM.
#16. WHATS YOUR PURPOSE OF YOU TELLING SOMEONE A DIFFERENT THING AND TELL ANOTHER PERSON ANOTHER THING? YOU JUST WANT ATTENTION BUT ITS OKAY. :)
#17. YOU HAVE TO BE BROKEN DOWN, WEAK, LOSS OF ENERGY, AND FEEL LIKE YOU WANT TO QUIT KEEP GOING. THATS WHEN YOU ARE A CHAMPION BUT STILL HAVE TO MOVE FORWARD.(I MIX SOME OF ERIC THOMAS WORDS IN HERE ) :)
#18. I BELIEVE IN YOU BUT THE QUESTION IS DO YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.
NOW THIS LAST QUOTE. THIS ISN'T MINES THIS IS ERIC THOMAS QUOTE I GIVE FULL CREDIT TO HIM BECAUSE THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE QUOTES AND IT HELPED ME IN LIFE. :)
#19. DON'T CRY TO QUIT CRY TO KEEP GOING. YOU ALREADY HURT, YOU ALREADY IN PAIN, GET A REWARD FROM IT!!!!!! :)