The Magnifying Glass

By , Chappaqua, NY
Author's note: Roosevelt is my high school. All the characters in this play are my friends and peers. Granted,...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Roosevelt is my high school. All the characters in this play are my friends and peers. Granted, all names are changed, but the sentiment and the content is real. High schools - or at least mine - have a problem. I live my life praying for Harvard, bowing down to Dartmouth, and yearning for Yale, but I know that in the end I will just be disappointed -- a 3.0 in eighth grade math will do that to you.
The Magnifying Glass is, if nothing else, a cry for help. I hope the world is ready to listen.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Cast of Characters

Cast of Characters:

Narrator

Ora Stanley – Student, age 15; struggling in many classes; joining experience-based learning program at Roosevelt High School in the near future

Miranda Stevens – Student, age 16; very competitive student; dances competitively on weekends

Pamela Ruth – Miranda Stevens’ best friend

Ellie Feinman – Student, age 15; taking several advanced classes but struggling in others; star of school theater productions

Lisa Stanley – Ora Stanley’s mother

Jonathan Stevens – Miranda Stevens’ father

PTA President

PTA Members

Megan Walker – Student, age 16
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »