Give Me a New Mommy

Author's note: My hardships of me being in foster care and how much I'v grown since the beginning
Author's note: My hardships of me being in foster care and how much I'v grown since the beginning  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Next »

Age 8

At the age of eight, I was not being fed by my mom; so I had to eat out of the garbage can what my dad had left over. At the time he was renting from us so I decided to call the social worker. I was then taken away by the social worker again! I moved from place to place; I never stayed in a home more than three weeks I felt like cargo on a ship. I went back with my mom, this time she decided to take me over to my mom drug connections sisters’ house. We went out and my mom lost one of her baggies again. I tried to look for it but I couldn’t find it. I thought I could use it for evidence, Yeah I was a silly eight year old. So I decided to call again: This time they did not take me away, and they made her go to rehab. She went for a day and then she stop going. So I decided to tell her that she would lose me again. So I had to be the parent and I kept reminding her to go. Imagine an eight year old telling you to go to rehab that’s how screwed up she was.
Give Me a New Mommy
I also realized she was popping my pills. That keeps me from going insane from her. So I guess the court made her take a piss test. She had to do this consecutively do this. So she made me do it for her in a pill bottle and give it to them and pass it off as hers…yeah it was the 90s you could get away with stuff like that. Trust me you can’t do it anymore. So I realized she was exploiting me so I decided not to do it anymore. She failed the test, thank God! While this was going on I met a guy named Mario, yeah I know funny right……and no he is not the character from Nintendo. He was my mentor and he got me to see the light. I got baptized and became a Christian. It was the best day and happiest days of my life. I prayed to God to give me a new mommy, and I said, “I will worship you forever if you do.” Little did I know that prayer will be answered in two years?

MydagirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:13 pm:
I was in foster care form the age of 10 days to 16 months old,I feel for you.

Abbey W. said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:03 pm:
I LOVED IT YOU SHOULD KEEP WRIGHTING IT REMINDS ME OF MY LIFE (SURDA)

AubreyD. said...
Your book was great! I love it. Keep writing, kiddo!