New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Give Me a New Mommy

Author's note: My hardships of me being in foster care and how much I'v grown since the beginning
Author's note: My hardships of me being in foster care and how much I'v grown since the beginning  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

Age 4 & 5

Yeah social services did those kinds of things. Well I got out in about a week they figured out that I was not crazy. I was just angry and I did not understand why I was taken from my mom. I was thinking hello, duh what do you think I was trying to tell you; I just did not do it for any reason. Age four I went to my second foster family. They made me stand in a corner for hours. They also made me sleep in a tub when I pissed the bed.
I stayed there until the age of five. They had two dogs a lab and a collie. I was playing with the lab and the stupid lab bit me in the eye. Later, in that home they locked me out, and I punched through a thin plexi-glass window. If you don’t know what plexi-glass is it’s made from plastic and is sometimes used on screen doors?

Give Me a New Mommy
If you ever have your arm or hand in plexi - glass don’t pull it out. It will tear your arm or hand to pieces, not a pretty sight. I had to learn this the hard way; don’t make the same mistake! I had to get 17 stitches, I was age five. I still have the scar and it still as big as it was when I was five. One day they rented a cottage and brought me with them I was standing behind my than foster dad at the time he was fishing. He went in for the cast through the hook and where did it end up…….. My
Cheek. That was the next lesson I learned the hard way don’t stand behind someone who is fishing.

MydagirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:13 pm:
I was in foster care form the age of 10 days to 16 months old,I feel for you.

Abbey W. said...
Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:03 pm:
I LOVED IT YOU SHOULD KEEP WRIGHTING IT REMINDS ME OF MY LIFE (SURDA)

AubreyD. said...
Your book was great! I love it. Keep writing, kiddo!