The Scruffy Brown Pony

Author's note: "I always saw pictures of Audrey and her beloved Gizmo, but never did I think that Paso Fino's...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: "I always saw pictures of Audrey and her beloved Gizmo, but never did I think that Paso Fino's were the capable type.
Watching Audrey with her pony, something was different. They seemed to just move together, and it was beautiful and effortless. He followed her, and she took care of him as if he was her child. She tended to his needs, and he seemed grateful of her gestures. She would kiss him goodbye, and he would happily munch on his hay.
I had it set in my mind that he would be a disastrous pony to ride, as the past Paso Finos that I have ridden, were not the smartest type.
Audrey mounted in complete confidence. Although she said nothing, I could sense her determination and comfort through the way she acted towards him. When he would spook, she would slowly take care of him, and he would relax. They flew over jumps beautifully together, and they seemed to be the perfect pair. She would leave the ring with him after ever ride, with a gigantic smile from ear to ear. He would snicker and politely follow her, the two were quite a pair.
It is an unspeakable connection these two share, and it is something so special that only they will know the true feeling of this relationship. Audrey is an excellent rider, and Gizmo will forever be her first love. I am honored and privileged to have ever seen these two do their favorite activity together: riding."  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Next »

The Internet Strikes.

Ever since I had learned how to upload Youtube videos, I had loved it, and I uploaded videos starting around age twelve, months before I met Gizmo.
When I met Gizmo, I created a new Youtube account and began uploading videos I had of him. At this point, I was not a very good editor—I only knew the basics of iMovie '09, but I loved it anyway. I did not have many followers; at that point, I probably had about ten subscribers on my new account. At some point, I won a Youtube contest, and my "prize" was a promotion from a slightly better known editor. I gained a small amount of subscribers, and had friends who also commented on my videos.
Around my eighth video, I had a relatively loyal group of probably one hundred subscribers. It was near that period that I began to receive "hate".
There are, unsurprisingly, a number of cynics on the internet who don't believe in underdogs. Gizmo was the biggest underdog they'd ever seen, and they were all convinced he wouldn't make it. I was informed several times that we was worthless, that he would never jump.
Later on, when I had a legitimate number of follows—probably around five hundred—I opened a Formspring account. This web site allows people to anonymously "ask questions"; it is the perfect environment for bullies.
Again, people told me about how Gizmo was a "piece of s***", how I couldn't ride, and how he would never amount to anything. It stung, but I continued on, my faith in Gizmo not swaying. The hate didn't end, to the point where I deleted my Formspring and began getting hateful, threatening phone calls from someone who had managed to get my phone number.
The hurtful words merely made me more determined than ever to prove everyone wrong. I continued on working hard with Gizmo, both under saddle and on the ground. My hard work paid off, and I wouldn't trade the hurtful comments for anything; having opposition changed me greatly and helped me become stronger and more determined.

Loki17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Fantastic memoir! Your determination is incredible.  Gizmo would be proud :)

AandGThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 1:03 pm :
Thanks so much!

lostinthecrowd said...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 10:16 am:

this is truley beautiful 

what a lovley respone to an inspiring story for me to watch. you had true determintion and love and thats what made giz perfect <3.

Nov. 24, 2011 at 10:20 am :
thankyou <3

isfurg989 said...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 9:59 am:

Rey <3 this is beautiful (:

I LOVE YOU 

Nov. 24, 2011 at 10:01 am :
Thanks Is!