The Scruffy Brown Pony

Author's note: "I always saw pictures of Audrey and her beloved Gizmo, but never did I think that Paso Fino's...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: "I always saw pictures of Audrey and her beloved Gizmo, but never did I think that Paso Fino's were the capable type.
Watching Audrey with her pony, something was different. They seemed to just move together, and it was beautiful and effortless. He followed her, and she took care of him as if he was her child. She tended to his needs, and he seemed grateful of her gestures. She would kiss him goodbye, and he would happily munch on his hay.
I had it set in my mind that he would be a disastrous pony to ride, as the past Paso Finos that I have ridden, were not the smartest type.
Audrey mounted in complete confidence. Although she said nothing, I could sense her determination and comfort through the way she acted towards him. When he would spook, she would slowly take care of him, and he would relax. They flew over jumps beautifully together, and they seemed to be the perfect pair. She would leave the ring with him after ever ride, with a gigantic smile from ear to ear. He would snicker and politely follow her, the two were quite a pair.
It is an unspeakable connection these two share, and it is something so special that only they will know the true feeling of this relationship. Audrey is an excellent rider, and Gizmo will forever be her first love. I am honored and privileged to have ever seen these two do their favorite activity together: riding."  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12

In Front of Your Eyes

Gizmo was tiny. Some people who didn't know him considered him to be crappy or useless—because of his breed, his size, and his previous issues. However, every person who met him loved him, and was blown away by his personality and intelligence. He taught people to look beyond breeding and ribbons, and to never doubt the underdogs. Gizmo knew things that horses with pedigrees and ribbons didn't. He learned quickly and tried as hard as many Olympic competition horses. Gizmo was an inspiration. He touched many hearts and changed many lives; he was unique in every way. For such a little guy, he made a huge impact.
He was special. Anyone can believe that about their horse, but Gizmo truly was. A thirteen-hand eventing Paso Fino? He never thought, "I can't do dressage because I'm gaited", or "I can't go faster than that horse because I'm little". He just tried, and did what I asked of him to the best of his ability. Here was a pony that had started being trained at eleven years old, after being left without care in a field. Yet in temperament and reactions, he was better than those who had been trained for four times as long as he had.
His honestly, his quirks, and his effort has forever impacted me and all those who knew him.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12

Loki17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Fantastic memoir! Your determination is incredible.  Gizmo would be proud :)

AandG replied...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 1:03 pm :
Thanks so much!

lostinthecrowd said...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 10:16 am:

this is truley beautiful 

what a lovley respone to an inspiring story for me to watch. you had true determintion and love and thats what made giz perfect <3.

AandG replied...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 10:20 am :
thankyou <3

isfurg989 said...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 9:59 am:

Rey <3 this is beautiful (:

I LOVE YOU 

AandG replied...
Nov. 24, 2011 at 10:01 am :
Thanks Is!