Life of a 14 Year Old

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

the hard stuff part 1

We had to throw the sand up as high as we can and let it hit us on the way down, and we couldn’t dust ourselves off or anything. So after we throw the sand up we would get back in the plank formation and stay there even if we couldn’t hold the position any longer the instructors manage to get us to hold it and you can hear the pain from the group of us as the sand of rock started to give pain to us. For my friend and me it felt like someone was trying to beg into our arms and each second that went by, the more the pain got. But after a while the pain went away and the numbness came in.
That was one the second day of the program that lasted 7 weeks but only on Saturday’s and Sunday’s. if you pass the PT test you go to Camp Pendleton and get to be there for ten days and each day they treat you like a marine but not as hard and you go throw what the military is like within ten days. And OOOoooo man was I very happy. I only heard about the base but never been there so that day when it was time to travel there my mom’s last words before I got on the bus leave there was.
“I hope you learn if you like it or not and I hope you become a better person not only for me or you but for the whole world”.
Now that was something I thought I would never happen but it did and I’m glad it happen.