Serendipidy

Author's note: I think this is a unique story that can tell other people out there that when life gets rough, it can always get better.
Author's note: I think this is a unique story that can tell other people out there that when life gets rough, it can always get better.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »

My Mother

As is more and more common in this era, I was baby born by accident. When a woman is to have a baby, especially one she didn’t plan on, many people wonder what kind of mother she will be. My mother is the type of woman that would make many people wary. My mother was emotionally unstable, happy as can be one minute and angry at anything and anyone at the drop of a hat. One week a person was her best friend and the next they were her enemy. She had a history I knew even then that consisted of alcohol, eating disorders and absentee parents. Not to mention she smoked. In her eyes, nothing was her fault but everyone else’s, even her chronic lateness. As a child I learned how to deal with this in my own way, by both walking on eggshells and working her in any way I could get away with. Little did I know then, my mother was manipulative in her own way. It wasn’t until I was thirteen that I learned all these problems were symptoms of a mental disorder called borderline personality disorder. Not to say my mom has no good qualities. She can be sweet and fun, has a unique compassion for animals and is very intelligent. But even so, her faults have often outweighed her good qualities.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!