Blinding and Death Defying

Author's note: I had to write a memoir for English II and it ended up changing relationships between my friends...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I had to write a memoir for English II and it ended up changing relationships between my friends and teachers and their relatives.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

A Little into the Past

One week earlier- “So which shoe do you like better?” My sister, Meghan, asks me with two different shoes on. We are buying her new running shoes for cross-country. She has a blue-green Adidas on her left foot and an orange Nike on her right. I sit in the chair at Varsity Sports while the worker and Meghan wait for my answer. My parents throw in suggestions that my sister half-way listens to.
“Uhh… the blue one,” I say, pointing to her left foot. I am ready to leave; hours have passed of her trying on every single shoe in the store.
“Alright, I’m getting the orange.”
I throw my hands up and exhale in annoyance. “What was the point in asking then?” I can’t stand when she acts like that. What satisfaction does she get out of it? A silent car ride home with me staring out the window and a strict infuriated glare shot across the back seat?
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!