Blinding and Death Defying

Author's note: I had to write a memoir for English II and it ended up changing relationships between my friends...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I had to write a memoir for English II and it ended up changing relationships between my friends and teachers and their relatives.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

A Little into the Past

One week earlier- “So which shoe do you like better?” My sister, Meghan, asks me with two different shoes on. We are buying her new running shoes for cross-country. She has a blue-green Adidas on her left foot and an orange Nike on her right. I sit in the chair at Varsity Sports while the worker and Meghan wait for my answer. My parents throw in suggestions that my sister half-way listens to.
“Uhh… the blue one,” I say, pointing to her left foot. I am ready to leave; hours have passed of her trying on every single shoe in the store.
“Alright, I’m getting the orange.”
I throw my hands up and exhale in annoyance. “What was the point in asking then?” I can’t stand when she acts like that. What satisfaction does she get out of it? A silent car ride home with me staring out the window and a strict infuriated glare shot across the back seat?
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 9:29 am:

Thank God!! she's walking!! wow! that's great! give my regards to her!! is she elder to you? or younger??

I hope she gets back awesome soon! Just Give her my regards!! tell her to take care! :')

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 2:16 am:

Oh my god!! what happens next...i mean what happens to your sis??...

This is a wonderful story...i just loved it!! :) *snif!*

laurenemaleigh replied...
Mar. 1, 2012 at 7:09 am :
She's fine now. She spent 12 days in the hospital and got released two days in the hospital. She broke both her legs. And in her left leg, she broke her femur also. She broke over 20 bones and had to have a blood transfusion. The doctors told her that she wouldn't walk again so she was in a wheel chair for a little while. But like most stories nowadays, when a doctor says you're not gonna walk again, you do. She started using a walker two weeks later and then she moved to using a cane for a whil... (more »)