What I've Done

Author's note: I hope people will understand that it doesn't matter who you are, bad things can happen,...  Show full author's note »
Author's note:

I hope people will understand that it doesn't matter who you are, bad things can happen, and there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

« Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Next »

Flashback

It was the beginning of 8th grade. I was excited and nervous. Nerve-cited I decided on as I walked into school. I had been there for a year, but this time around it was different. I had made and lost friends and pissed off a lot of people. Probably for being too nice. Back in July, my ‘boyfriend’ Nick broke up with me. It wasn't a big thing, we were together for a month, but I was attached. Afterwards, I promised to make him miss me. I looked fierce and held my head up high as I stepped into my first block. I was greeted with some new and old faces. Great. New people. I sat across from a girl I thought was my speed. She was pretty and had the same shoes as me. Knee-high canvas sneakers. I was silent the entire class, as first days normally went. At the end, the girl and I stood up, and I complimented her on her sneakers. She said you too, and we became friends. She introduced herself as Raven, and later I found out She was actually a He. Raven was trans and I was taken off guard but still accepted him into my friend circle because; and let's be honest, he's the coolest guy in school, all though we don't agree on feminist issues. Oh well. His name is Jason now, and he's doubly as cool. A couple months went by, and it was time for my school’s mid-year period of paideia. I was taken into rock climbing for my PE requirement and I had a blast. A week into the period, I was at dinner with my mom and dad. I got a text. Slam the brakes. Someone is texting me. Wait! Not just anyone, my crush, Brad.